The New Christmas Tree. What say you function test!?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Tis' the year for a new tree. This 9'er has bright & dim of each flavor. I'm getting outvoted on the multicolored. What say you!?

20201020-203302.jpg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Multi color is the winner! My wife's says white looks better, if you want to see white, look at the snow! I miss the old lead tinsel, the plastic stuff sucks!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Multi color is the winner! My wife's says white looks better, if you want to see white, look at the snow! I miss the old lead tinsel, the plastic stuff sucks!

I miss a real tree that only lasts 2 weeks and its done and gone. CKW will put the tree up in mid-November if I am not looking.....:faint:

A real tree with lights the size of an 1157 brake light bulb and tinsel.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    To be fair for the one flavor on the outside, other on the inside, I did this last year:

20201020-210509.jpg

Colors outside, white inside.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    did you not get the memo? Santa has C-Virus so xmass is cancelled. In addition the CDC says to keep babies away from others for fear of giving them the C-virus so baby J needs to be left at church in quarantine.

Do yourself a favor, get rid of the tree, the kids and the wife and buy more guns and ammo before the election.

:p

Jedis vote is OPPOSITE of whatever you want. :)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    did you not get the memo? Santa has C-Virus so xmass is cancelled. In addition the CDC says to keep babies away from others for fear of giving them the C-virus so baby J needs to be left at church in quarantine.

Do yourself a favor, get rid of the tree, the kids and the wife and buy more guns and ammo before the election.

:p

Jedis vote is OPPOSITE of whatever you want. :)

So, no Death Star for you.

KARP

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    Definitely the colored one. Christmas is all about the colors. By the way my wife likes all white bulbs too. Happy wife, happy life.

danimal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Unincorporated Lake County
    Multicolored on the tree is my preferred. I do like white when wrapped with garland over the mantle or handrail/balusters.

Where'd you get that tree from and mind asking how much you spent? We just moved in April and we currently have a 7' prelit. Big vaulted ceiling in the living room going all the way up to the 2nd floor, I can go as big as I got the budget for, but a 9 or 10 should go well next to the fireplace.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I like the multicolor too. We always get a real tree though and traditionally put it up on or about my birthday (December 15th). I usually take it down either on the 26th or shortly after (if we have a late celebration due to peoples' schedules or something).

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Little early?

She just picked it up, and it was a function test. The only thing that prompted the tree function test was the Polar Express train she picked up to run under it would not turn the wheels. We opted to see if the tree was a dud too.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Multicolor is all the rage this year.

Right: Red White and Blue because ‘Merica.

Left: Rainbow because LBGQTXYZ...

Tell the wife all White is racist and the Elf Lives Matter group will burn down your house with flaming Egg Nog Cocktails.

I miss the old lead tinsel, the plastic stuff sucks!

There was no Bacon choice in the poll. Maybe bacon tinsel?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm usually in this camp 100%. No Christmas songs-decorations until after Thanksgiving. But this year...... I'm all for it.

I hate to admit this, but I agree. I’m usually annoyed when people put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving. This year, I actually am welcoming it.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I miss a real tree that only lasts 2 weeks and its done and gone. CKW will put the tree up in mid-November if I am not looking.....:faint:

Haha, we've been getting a real tree for the last handful of years. Typically get it on Thanksgiving and leave it up until sometime in January. It's a little crispy when we take it down:):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You don't have to worry with LEDs.

Candles used to be the death of some.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I am an old fashioned multi colored type guy. My wife is in the all white category with most other women but she doesn’t really care as long as we have lights up. It’s going to be a bigger deal this year since we have Kamryn. Look out Clark Griswald here I come.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

We have a real tree every year. Get it just after Thanksgiving, take it down just after New Years. Frasier Fir. Never too many needles down.

Top Bottom