• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Runt1122

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Fulton County
    One of my favorite shows to binge watch on Friday nights after getting home from work is Triple D. I’m looking for your favorite Triple D type places to eat in Indiana that would be worthy of making the show and we need to check out!

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Did they already do these?
    XXX W. Lafayette, Mug 'n Bun West Indy, John's Famous Stew Indy (too late if they didn't), Harold's Steer-In Eastside Indy.

How about these? Edward's Drive-In SE side Indy, the best gyro in town -- Yanni's on W. Washington St Indy, and the best BBQ for 50 miles -- Rusted Silo in Lizton.

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    Coney Island Downtown Fort Wayne (Main street )
    Old School Coney dogs in a Old Fashioned Diner
    And they Were on Triple D

Ft Wayne's Douwntown Coney Island was on Triple D?!?!?!?! When? What episode?

Do love that place.

Also agree with DCR that Harold's Steer-in is awesome.

Add in Nick's Junction in Roanoke, IN and just over the border in Hicksville OH, Two Bandits Brewery - Awesome!!!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    A biker bar/restaurant called Leroys "Hot Stuff" in Porter

Great steak garnachas, tacos and burritos. The Leroy Burgers are excellent as well

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Haven't been there in almost 30 years, but I think Nick's Chili Parlor on Lafayette Rd. in Indy would qualify. Used to have really good chili dogs! CM might know, since it's in his neck of the woods.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to like the Longacre Tavern (biker bar) here on the southside too. Good burgers and a good ribeye sandwich. I think it's changed ownership since the last time I was there though. They used to have a sign across the front of the building that said, "Eat here! Nobody likes a coward!" :):

Back in 2000, I had a friend from Australia visiting and took her there. She had a cheeseburger. Big burly cook brought it out to our table and came back to check on us a little later and asked us how our food was. She said (in her Aussie accent), "This is lovely!" I looked at him and asked him when the last time someone told him his cheeseburger was "lovely". He said, "Never! I kinda like it!" :):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Workingman's Friend in Haughville (west of White River, south of Michigan Street in Indy.) It's a bar, not a restaurant. Cash only, been open over 100 years, burgers are how they should be.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Oleys Pizza on 24 in Fort Wayne is absolute perfection.

I have been to close to 100 pizza joints from NYC and Chicago and I have never found a pizza to compare with Oleys double crust. Harrys in NYC is probably a close second.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The Workingman's Friend in Haughville (west of White River, south of Michigan Street in Indy.) It's a bar, not a restaurant. Cash only, been open over 100 years, burgers are how they should be.

I sort of assumed Workingman's Friend was a Dead Head bar. Maybe not, but I like the version I've built in my head.

[video=youtube_share;TUOKXibHpbA]http://youtu.be/TUOKXibHpbA[/video]

Top Bottom