• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    My father's truck was stolen last night in Greenfield. Red 2016 F-250 crew cab it has a white toolbox in the bed plate# tk374nty.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You would think Ford would do something to make the F250/F350 harder to steal. I have chased many of them on the southwest side of Indy. I'll keep my eye out. Not to be a dark cloud, but he likely won't see it again.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Not to be a downer but its probably already being stripped and refit by now. People will steal newer cars just for the ECMs because they cost so much.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The local police told me that crew cab pickups were a favorite for smugglers to steal. Now "local" in this case is Texas, but I think it's not out of reason to think cartels are reaching out, given they ship drugs everywhere.

This article from exactly a year ago notes that the cartels have moved from stealing one-ton diesels (for their ability to be up-armored) to lighter 3/4 and 1/2 ton pickups and SUVs because "speed and mobility are key in combat." (Fun fact: autoshops in Tamaulipas have developed slide-in weapons and armor platforms for technicals.)

This article from last December about a field outside of Houston where 50 vehicles were found stripped -- predominately "higher end, late model pick ups". The police checked some of the VINs immediately and found all but one reported stolen.

According to this Motortrend article from ...today ... Ford F-series trucks are the number one stolen vehicle in the US.

Sorry.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    .. there may be a low jack system or their version of on star.. its worth checking...

"Apparently, no Chevrolet Silverado is safe in North Texas as thieves are targeting the trucks and disabling their OnStar computer systems in minutes,... Victims of these thefts have all issued linked reports: no glass was broken, their keys were not used, and OnStar was disabled so fast that their vehicles' last recorded location was their house."

:(

At the link there is a picture of a truck that was stripped of the engine, the doghouse, the bed, the interior, the doors, the wheels, the suspension, the....everything except the four-door cab itself, which they left sitting in middle of a road.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From some of the things I’ve read, it seems like it’s newer pick ups and older cars. I think one of the Honda Civic models from the 90s was in a top 10 list. There are a lot of pick ups out there, I could see the parts being the big thing for them, An older civic I guess would be easier to steal.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Several types of people I absolutely have zero compassion for are liars and thieves.. there's more on that list but they rank up there.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It isn't the police's job to check with Ford. And the likelihood of Ford actually giving out a vehicle's location to someone other than the owner without a subpoena or warrant is slim.
    Thats not entirely true. There have been instances where auto makers have worked with the local authorities to find stolen vehicles. As far as if its the polices job to do that, I would agree. They already do way more than they should.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Had him call ford no GPS. He has a wifi cam overlooking the driveway that mysteriously quit working around the time it was taken. Unfortunately he also put the majority of his tools in it a couple days ago. Some people just suck.

Top Bottom