What product or material can I produce for you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I want to start a business making stuff. Widgets.

Does anyone have a part or material they need that is difficult to source? Do you not like the quality of what you can obtain?

Wish the crap that's about to come our way I want to build something to push back against it.

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Doc, maybe you could teach wilderness emergency medicine. Maybe there is a physical product to go along with the education. You have an audience of hunters, anglers, hikers and campers waiting.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Doc, maybe you could teach wilderness emergency medicine. Maybe there is a physical product to go along with the education. You have an audience of hunters, anglers, hikers and campers waiting.

This is an excellent suggestion! I would be interested as well.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I want to start a business making stuff. Widgets.

Does anyone have a part or material they need that is difficult to source? Do you not like the quality of what you can obtain?

Wish the crap that's about to come our way I want to build something to push back against it.

Sounds nice doc.

Are you wanting to do the design and fabrication yourself?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think you should barter the skills you and your family have doc. Do it on a cash or trade basis to stay out of all of the crushing govt regulatory burdens that make the business unaffordable for many on both sides. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    Electro magnetic fingered gloves that are also insulated.
    hit a button on glove, activates the magnets and the fingers fold down into your palm exposing your fingers for delicate work like wiring an outlet.
    hit button again and the gloves re-cover your fingers so they dont get cold.

youd have to figure out how to insulate the magnets from whatever you are working on.
    :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Electro magnetic fingered gloves that are also insulated.
    hit a button on glove, activates the magnets and the fingers fold down into your palm exposing your fingers for delicate work like wiring an outlet.
    hit button again and the gloves re-cover your fingers so they dont get cold.

youd have to figure out how to insulate the magnets from whatever you are working on.
    :dunno:

HTB10gFhSXXXXXXlXXXXq6xXFXXXh.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Wife and I did a trail run of broilers (butcher chickens) raised them in a chicken tractor right in our yard, bought a plucker and kill cones, plenty of how to’s on YouTube, we did 100. Not going to get rich by any means, you can’t compete with store chicken but it’s way better and healthier and your raising your own food. I was amazed at how many people wanted pasture raised chicken.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington

yes.... but also no.
    more line Ironclad cloth gloves. The wire and magnet would run up the sides of the glove and when the power turns off the fingers would go limp and fall to another non electric magnet in the palm.

if it could also have a pulse blaster mechanism i guess that would be cool

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Can you make quality strippers?
    They seem to always never be enough around or handy when needed? Market is open...

Sorry, I'm just the idea guy.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Hi Doc,
    What kind of machinery do you have available or capabilities. I would like to have a Colt Cobra front sight modified or fabricated. The tang would be thinner to allow the sight to be offset right or left with shims. Likely need to change the mounting hole to a V slot.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cash. 10s and 20s preferably. (50s and up get too much scrutiny.)

Wait, this wasnt a PM was it?

Dammit.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Hi Doc,
    What kind of machinery do you have available or capabilities. I would like to have a Colt Cobra front sight modified or fabricated. The tang would be thinner to allow the sight to be offset right or left with shims. Likely need to change the mounting hole to a V slot.

I'm hoping for something ongoing and large numbers. this seems like a niche market.

I currently have zero machining skills or equipment. but, the latter can be fixed and former can be hired!

Top Bottom