• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    So this weekend I swung by a gun store I've never been to. They had a smith and wesson AR. Now I've wanted one for a while now. It was a fair price.
    Out the door I paid $855.99

This was Sunday.
    Yesterday I get a call from my bank. Asking if I bought a gaming laptop at best buy.
    I told them no and they reversed the charge.
    Then moments later I got a text asking if I spent $389 at walmart. I replied no and they shut off my card.

I got to looking at my bank account for anything else that
    Might be a problem.

That's when I noticed the price for the gaming laptop at best buy was the exact same amount as the rifle.

Is it just me or is that quite suspicious?

The reviews for the store are mostly positive and the only negative comment was in my mind silly so no other people seem to reporting the place as fishy.

What do you all think?

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    So this weekend I swung by a gun store I've never been to. They had a smith and wesson AR. Now I've wanted one for a while now. It was a fair price.

This was Sunday.
    Yesterday I get a call from my bank. Asking if I bought a gaming laptop at best buy.
    Then moments later I got a text asking if I spent $389 at walmart. I replied no and they shut off my card.

Might be a problem.

That's when I noticed the price for the gaming laptop at best buy was the exact same amount as the rifle.

The reviews for the store are mostly positive and the only negative comment was in my mind silly so no other people seem to reporting the place as fishy.

What do you all think?

FMJ, that is all kinds of suspicious.
    Man I hope this gets worked out for you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Were the purchases LOCAL?
    If so, yeah, the shop probably has a mole. Call the owner and give him the heads up.

Had something like that happen a few months back.
    Went with my wife to a salon and stopped by a coffee shop next door that had "young" people working.
    Paid cash at the salon but she used her debit at the coffee joint.
    There was a charge of over $100 at a convenience store a couple hours later that we didn't make that was 10 minutes from the coffee shop.

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Were the purchases LOCAL?
    If so, yeah, the shop probably has a mole. Call the owner and give him the heads up.

Had something like that happen a few months back.
    Went with my wife to a salon and stopped by a coffee shop next door that had "young" people working.
    Paid cash at the salon but she used her debit at the coffee joint.
    There was a charge of over $100 at a convenience store a couple hours later that we didn't make that was 10 minutes from the coffee shop.

The bestbuy is in MN no idea on the location of the Walmart.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    they
    make the order online for in store pickup. the charge doesn't hit until they pick up the item. multiple people pick up the items from diff stores at same time

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It seems incredibly coincidental that the laptop was the same the price as the AR.

And my head hurts trying to figure out how, or why, they would be intentionally priced the same. Maybe they expected the CC company to call with no context, "Hey, did you spend $855.99? Yes? okey dokey."

A call to the store owner is warranted.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Could be completely coincidental, or as stated above, could be they were hoping you would notice the amount but not the location of the charge. But yeah, someone at the store decided to use your card. Call the owner.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

This was Sunday.

Might be a problem.

What do you all think?

Bank account? Please tell me you are not using a debit card linked to your actual money.

This is what credit cards are for. I never worry about who gets my credit card info.

Fraudulent charge? Hey Samuel L. Jackson, send me a new card!

fullmetaljesus

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just got off the phone with the owner.
    He said he's never had any other customers call with this complaint. His cc machine is completely separate so it's. It hooked toba computer for a virus to get to. Over all the call was friendly and he said he would call his cc machine company to have it checked.

Nothing against the shop but I don't think I'll use a card there and it's unlikely I'll shop there again.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My feeling is that it’s just a coincidence. Do you use the card at the gas station? My in-laws have been skimmed two or three times in the last month at the gas stations. It’s pretty annoying.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis

This was Sunday.

Might be a problem.

What do you all think?

You may in fact be over thinking and paranoid. However, that does not mean that someone at the store did not steal your credit card and engage in fraud with it.

Top Bottom