• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I am surprised we have seen so little sharing of personal stories with Covid-19 on here. Yeah the (now) Beer Virus thread has been going since January or earlier but there doesn't seem to be much first person accounts. I thought I'd share what my thankfully brief experience has been and am curious to see what the typical story is.

On 10/29 I attended a professional seminar in Indy with everyone masked and socially distanced. Heck the Lt. Gov was there. 10/31 I was at an auction, again most everyone was masked and spread out. But one of those events got me. Monday 11/2 symptoms started. Sore throat, dry cough, headache, sinus congestion, pretty bad fatigue and body aches, and fever between 99.5 and 100.7. Called my PCP who said to treat the symptoms, quarantine, and call back Friday if no improvement to arrange testing. The week was rough with no energy, overall soreness and the low grade fever that would not budge. Friday testing confirmed covid. Continued to treat the symptoms with gradual improvement in week 2. by the end of week 2 was almost normal and as of today have been fever free for 36 hours. Doctor recommended isolation for 10 days minimum from onset with return to normal OK after 10 days + 24 hrs fever free. I am going to give it one more day then back to work Tuesday.

So overall no hospitalization, 2 weeks to kick it, and thankfully it stayed away from my lungs. Given the additional risk factors I have (previous heart attack, immunosuppressant meds, age), I consider myself very lucky.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Glad to hear that you are on on the heal. Thoughts are with you for continued wellness. I have a cousin that just told me yesterday that she has it, so far so good with her.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks for posting this Snorko. Kinda surprised nobody had started a thread like this. Glad you are doing well now!

My brother just called me this morning and told me he tested positive on a rapid test. Still waiting on the results from the deep nasal swab. He works in a healthcare facility.

So far, he just has a cough and mild fatigue. No fever yet. He's quarantining.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    My symptoms started Saturday morning around 3:00am, stayed mostly mild, and besides the sore throat I’m definitely on the mend. Never lost taste or smell thankfully. Didn’t take a test yet either, but did call my dr. Said with symptoms staying mild it’s not worth the test unless employer requires it to go back to work.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It appeared to me that the better 2/3's and I both had it several months ago. She tested negative when months later a procedure required testing but those test results are meaningless. So, we expect to be confronted with a bank bug upgrade and therefore continue to look after our health with appropriate paranoia (providing me a great excuse to push vitamins and nutrition on her :) ).

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I suspect there aren't too many "first person" threads, as roughly 3.7% of the population have had it. Simply isn't all that common, and of those that HAVE had it, a notable number of zero to pretty moderate symptoms. Meaning, they may not know with any certainty that they had it.

Not to minimize those that have struggled, or succumbed.

For example: I, at best, can tell third person unsubstantiated stories. My wife's friend's grandmother, or an internet acquaintance's parent.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Back in February my wife and I took a trip out to Vegas. Spent a week there. This was before masks, social distancing, or even testing. We got back on a Saturday and Monday morning my wife woke up with body aches and fever. Sore throat started later that day. I got her cough drops and tried to manage the fever. She was so weak she could barely get up to go to the bathroom. This went on for 6 days until the fever finally broke on Saturday. She was back to work on Monday.

Like I said, this was before any testing, and before anyone knew anything about it. Months later, looking back, I am certain she had it. I slept in the same bed and I never came down with symptoms. The following week, my 16 year old son had a sore throat and a mild fever for a couple days.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    She very well may have had it and certainly, way more people have had it than have been tested...

...but my secretary was positive she had it in February, but no test. She just returned to work after being out for 3+ weeks having had it in late October into November.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Wife got it around June 14th, & blessed me with it shortly thereafter. She went to southern OH to visit family, all 6-that went out to eat @ local Italian place ended up with the Rona.
    I had annoying flu like symptoms and was a bit brain foggy the 2nd week. Temp was normal most days, high of 99.7 (1-day only).
    Wife ran high temps and I took her to Hospital for breathing issues. They gave her breathing treatments and I picked her up late the next day.
    Rest that had it ranged from angry she had to stay quarantined (15-niece), screaming diarrhea (BIL), and very high temps (75+ish yr old Uncle). My sister (very heavy and heart issues, was mostly only tired), my Aunt (Copd, and host of other health issues) skated thru it, almost no issues.

Thats best I can remember. After my quarantine, anything physical (workouts, mowing) would give me horrible diarrhea the next day. That went on for ~2 weeks

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    My Brother had a debiltating disease (PSP) near the end he tested positive for Covid...was asymptomatic..never showed and symptoms whatsoever of covid...he passed away in June...and one of the causes of death listed was covid.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My son-in-law had it. Fever for a day, loss of taste and smell, no appetite. He lost some weight but otherwise did some projects around the house since he was quarantined by his company.

Daughter and grandkids got nothing.

Friends escaped Bloomington to their cabin in KY to get away from it. They both have it. Fortunately, very few symptoms. More cold like than anything else. And they are both over 60 but very healthy.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    With the info out on the interseine about the effects that zinc and silver have on bugs is anyone taking supplements or making their own?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    My wife had it in April, as did her co-workers at a nursing home. Fever for 10 days, fatigued, cough. As far as I know, I didn't have it fortunately.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    With the info out on the interseine about the effects that zinc and silver have on bugs is anyone taking supplements or making their own?

As soon as my wife started feeling sick back in February, I started taking Airborne every day for a week. I never got sick. I’m also O+ blood type which some say is more resistant to COVID.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    In addition to my prescribed meds (the normal for my age) I take a multivitamin, alpha lipoic acid, fish oil, zinc, and D3.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have had 15 of my extended family (cousins, aunts and uncles) test positive for covid. 12 never would have known they had it if they didn't get tested, the other 3 all had loss of taste and smell, and only 1 of those had a fever and aches for a few days, but he still felt well enough to go bow hunting every day.

My ex-wife's family all has it, (her, her husband and 3 kids) luckily my son had been with me for 2 weeks before they found out. They haven't shown a single symptom in 2 weeks now, but they were notified from people because of contact tracing so they all got tested and were positive.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I take an elderberry supplement with zinc and a curcumin supplement every day, along with a basic multivitamin.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom