dance.gif

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There were one or more members who were shown the door, but in the process a great moderator and friend has decided to step away. Not sure the trade was worth it. Here's hoping he just decides to take a break and comes back when he's had a chance to cool off.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I really hope Texkev realizes that one moderator can't run the whole board. It may become really obvious if churchmouse decides to step away.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't know how any one person can moderate the Pol threads, the volume is extremely high. When they get really started jawing at each other, I bet they knock out 10 pages in the time the Postwhores do 1. Then you would have to constantly be asking yourself is the guy being a dick or do I just disagree with him. It would be a tough job.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    So, anyone care to elaborate? Don't get all the veiled references - if Paul F is a shooter just say it. (He's the only one I can think of who was a moderator and went kind of gonzo lately. If so what did he do to earn the ban-hammer, because I always miss the fun!

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Drama. People have strong opinions on many subjects. 1911 vs plastic/ .45 vs 9mm etc. The problem comes when people get so rabid about THEIR side of the argument they refuse to just walk away. It happens everywhere. It appears that the measuring contest is most controversial when it comes to politics. Just because someone disagrees with YOUR views doesn't mean you need to go full stupid and get personal in the discussion.

I've been guilty of being very snarky on occasion. I regret those remarks and have stepped away before. I also purposefully avoid certain discussions as I know they will get to me. Over the years I have seen MANY go away from this forum for various reasons. That is really too bad. We have lost HUGE resources because of arguments that didn't need to go so far. We, as a community, are diminished. Yes, there are those that just thrive on the drama and they needed to go. The collateral damage sometimes has not been worth it.

I have a tendency to read a lot and post a little. Restraint of pen (posting) and tongue have served me well here. Now if I could only do that at work maybe I wouldn't have got kicked out of a war zone for creating a hostile work environment:n00b:

Bob

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a tendency to read a lot and post a little. Restraint of pen (posting) and tongue have served me well here.

Bob

My post count per year is higher than yours but I am the same way. I subscribe to threads and read along for awhile and then unsubscribe when I feel my blood pressure rising. This is without posting.

On the threads I do post, I stay on until the original subject drifts too much and/or the OP has their questions answered.

Other than the past few days, I tend to stick to the hardware side of the forum; guns, ammo, shooting events. And even in those when the 9 vs 45, kydex vs leather, etc debates reach significant enough threshold velocity that I am no longer learning, I'm out.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, anyone care to elaborate? Don't get all the veiled references - if Paul F is a shooter just say it. (He's the only one I can think of who was a moderator and went kind of gonzo lately. If so what did he do to earn the ban-hammer, because I always miss the fun!

Did he get banned then the evidence was wiped out?

Anyone else get tossed off the playground?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I didn't see it, and maybe Paul deserves it.

But there's shades of cancel culture in this thread.

That's not directed at the moderators, but those dancing on graves.

Top Bottom