• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I couldn't figure out why everyone kept saying don't bump the post in the classified areas. What the heck we all know that.... Well now I know....
    There are a lot of new people.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    What does it mean? I use tapatalk to have all my forums in one app so alot of things are buried where I won't find them unless a really really look.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What does it mean? I use tapatalk to have all my forums in one app so alot of things are buried where I won't find them unless a really really look.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    It means if you have a question or want to say "I'll take it", etc. to an ad in the classifieds, use the PM system instead of posting in the ad.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Rule 7 in the classified rules states otherwise.

Comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item can be posted.

Yeah, but it screws up the seller's ability to schedule their bumps.

Let's say I post an ad on Wednesday looking for that bored midweek shopper, and by Thursday it's dropped down the page a good bit, or Heaven forbid, off of the first page completely. Ok, I'm set up to get the prime time, prime real estate bump. Friday evening at about 5 PM. Most people are getting home from work for the week, maybe having a little dinner or popping open a beer, looking forward to the weekend, and looking to pry open their wallet and buy a gun or some gun-related accessories. When that end-of-week euphoria hits, I want to be right there, top of the first page, Miller time.

BAM! Someone posts a reply with a question that was either answered in the ad already, or could have been sent by PM which would have allowed me to answer the question by PM and edit the ad to include more information. This reply hits my thread at 11:42 PM on Thursday. Now I'm screwed out of the Friday evening market, because my ad is now 3/4 of the way down the page, and by 11:42 PM on Friday night, all the buyers have spent their money on the ads above mine.

Don't Blue Falcon ads on the classifieds. Send a PM. :):

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Apparently telling someone to stop bumping an archaic (6 months old) ad is against the law of you’re not a moderator. @bigtanker gave me a +1 pee pee slap infraction last week.

I won’t be here very much longer I don’t think.

Rules are for fools.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Apparently telling someone to stop bumping an archaic (6 months old) ad is against the law of you’re not a moderator. @bigtanker gave me a +1 pee pee slap infraction last week.

Rules are for fools.

Yep. And it wasn't the first time you have been warned about doing so.

We have rule for reasons. We are not forcing you to be here. It's your choice. But if you choose to do so, you have to follow our rules. Period.

If you really don't want to be here, quit logging in.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Rules are for fools.

Remember, you can never win an argument with your boss

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The OP can bump on his or her 24 hr clock. Any posts from the masses do not mean anything unless the OP responds inside the 24 hr clock.
    If you understand what I just said PM me with a solid explanation please.

Seriously though, Use the PM system for any responses outside of asking a direct question as to the item being sold/traded.
    No 1 set of rules can cover every instance or situation. In this the Mods have full discretion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Rules are for fools.

Interesting.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    The OP can bump on his or her 24 hr clock. Any posts from the masses do not mean anything unless the OP responds inside the 24 hr clock.
    If you understand what I just said PM me with a solid explanation please.

Seriously though, Use the PM system for any responses outside of asking a direct question as to the item being sold/traded.
    No 1 set of rules can cover every instance or situation. In this the Mods have full discretion.

Now I'm confused (I know, it's easy to do that).

3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may 'bump' it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a new post ("bumping") to allow your ad to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.

That part in red is what has me confused. So can I bump after THE last post (by somebody else), or MY last post?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Now I'm confused (I know, it's easy to do that).

That part in red is what has me confused. So can I bump after THE last post (by somebody else), or MY last post?

It reads as ANY post, theirs, yours it doesn't matter.

If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post.

Top Bottom