c5jv6St.gif

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    For some silly reason this reminds me of two (2) teenage lads, one who loved guns and the other fishing.

They happened to be at a pond when the young fisherman landed a whale of good sized catfish. A good sized one for such a small pond.

The other lad thought it would be "cool" to hoist the catfish up yonder tree to see if it could be hit by his new Marlin .30 - 30 rifle at about 15 feet.

Being the excellent shot that he was yon catfish was hit dead center. What neither of the youths counted on was the blast force of a .30 - 30 into a dense catfish. Within the tick of a clock catfish, skin, guts and entrails were raining down upon the nearby terrain, which just so happened to include the two hobbledehoys. The whippersnappers spent the good portion of the next ten minutes trying to pull pieces of catfish guts out of their hair and creases in their clothing. Being a bright sunny summer day visibility was good, but so too was the soon to be ripe stench of fish on each of them. It didn't take long for them to jump in the car and hurry home for a much needed cleaning.

It is my understanding that two (2) Fort Wayne mothers were none to pleased about their boys odoriferous arrival and each suffered the emotional scars promising themselves to never repeat such a stunt again.

At least, that's the story I've been told.;)

Regards,

Doug

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    For some silly reason this reminds me of two (2) teenage lads, one who loved guns and the other fishing.

They happened to be at a pond when the young fisherman landed a whale of good sized catfish. A good sized one for such a small pond.

The other lad thought it would be "cool" to hoist the catfish up yonder tree to see if it could be hit by his new Marlin .30 - 30 rifle at about 15 feet.

Being the excellent shot that he was yon catfish was hit dead center. What neither of the youths counted on was the blast force of a .30 - 30 into a dense catfish. Within the tick of a clock catfish, skin, guts and entrails were raining down upon the nearby terrain, which just so happened to include the two hobbledehoys. The whippersnappers spent the good portion of the next ten minutes trying to pull pieces of catfish guts out of their hair and creases in their clothing. Being a bright sunny summer day visibility was good, but so too was the soon to be ripe stench of fish on each of them. It didn't take long for them to jump in the car and hurry home for a much needed cleaning.

It is my understanding that two (2) Fort Wayne mothers were none to pleased about their boys odoriferous arrival and each suffered the emotional scars promising themselves to never repeat such a stunt again.

At least, that's the story I've been told.;)

Regards,

Doug

So, do you still have that Marlin .30-.30?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Leave a whale on the beach, in the sun, and it will blow up on it's own.
    Just without that much energy.

Well, really, any body will do that.
    Just that whales are BIG!

[video=youtube;hkBscgjlCaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkBscgjlCaQ[/video]

Top Bottom