• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Last winter the company I work for paid way too much in snow removal for the amount of snow we got. With times getting tougher with how the economy is we decided to bring snow removal in house. The owner of the company has a M998 Humvee so we decided to make a mount for a plow. Found a old Western plow on Facebook for $200 and made custom mount for it at our shop (luckily our fab guys are slow right now). The snow we got this week was a good first test. It worked pretty good. I am normally the first to the office so that means I get to be the guy to do it all which I am looking forward to. Bring on the snow!

[video=youtube_share;FsFKBUfx1xw]https://youtu.be/FsFKBUfx1xw[/video]

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've always thought they were cool but never really wanted one. He picked this up off of gov planet a few years ago for $7k-$8k. After spending some time in it I have started to want one. Very cool vehicles.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    VitaminK does! I just sold mine reluctantly. If you need bits for it let me know. I got led signals, seals, IR stuff, Vic3 bits, wheels tires, wiring, etc. I’d donate a lot of it. Hit me up.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Dude I totally sold a set a year ago. Hard X doors too. I think I have a few extra air cleaners and geared hub seals you can have. Also some gear oil for the geared hubs.

if the heater isn’t working well, you can disconnect the 2 lines under the passenger side dashboard and pump some CLR through it, then water, then reconnect the lines.

Crane naval frequently dumps soft doors and they pop up on Craigslist from time to time.

IndyTim

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    f5ca4c56e2228a5fae004959e24c57cd.jpg

Reminds me of the days we used M728s to push snow, in Germany.

Edit: That’s an image from Google, not one of our CEVs.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    VitaminK does! I just sold mine reluctantly. If you need bits for it let me know. I got led signals, seals, IR stuff, Vic3 bits, wheels tires, wiring, etc. I’d donate a lot of it. Hit me up.

That would be awesome! Shoot me a pm and I can meet up. We have been trying to decide about doors. They seem to get pricey. Looked into making some and even cut out a template. We just had an employee leave and is now working at crane so I will hit him up and see if he can get his hands on some doors.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Last winter the company I work for paid way too much in snow removal for the amount of snow we got. With times getting tougher with how the economy is we decided to bring snow removal in house. The owner of the company has a M998 Humvee so we decided to make a mount for a plow. Found a old Western plow on Facebook for $200 and made custom mount for it at our shop (luckily our fab guys are slow right now). The snow we got this week was a good first test. It worked pretty good. I am normally the first to the office so that means I get to be the guy to do it all which I am looking forward to. Bring on the snow!

Not sure how much room you have in the bed, but put some weight in there. I have a dump body 4X4 with a plow and I have 5 gallon buckets with lids full of sand over the rear axle. There is 12 of them in there and they have to weigh around 100 lbs each. I have a box made of wood to keep them from sliding forward so they are behind the axle. It helps when plowing as the rear would kick out when plowing deep heavy snow. Works great when the plow is in the air as that took almost all of the weight off the rear Also was good to have sand with in case you get stuck.

Top Bottom