• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Check the Star or Hendricks Flyer. Assemblix company hiring 30-50 people to assemble computers or be a computer Tech. ALL SHIFTS. Apply in Plainfield or other location.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    computer techs get 8-11 depending on experiance with raises after your probation period. Hours and days depend on shift. I asked about that because I'm going to either work or volunteer at Eagle Creek on weekends so most likely will try for 3rd shift since i'm a thrid shift kinda guy. Part time, maybe, overtime is available

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Okay for someone NOT certified in anything, this gives you experiance and opportunity to GET certified. Working with computers as a hoddy is usually dismissed by larger computer corporations. But real work experiance will get you farther. So it is a sweet job to someone who needs the experiance. You won't find these jobs day to day week to week. Trust me, I look all the time. If you know of something better for someone who has no certifications let me know.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I won't hire "paper" technicians. Too many people go through a 4 or 6 week "guaranteed certification course" and come out not having any idea how to do actual computer work. The certs are generally so far removed from reality that they're not a good measure of ability or knowledge. The certs are useful, however, if you also have field experience as they tend to fill in the gaps where they may not have encountered that knowledge in the field.

Of course, for entry level jobs, I don't expect field experience.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    *reminds Lars he also started out 13 years ago doing almost exactly the type of job SE posted about*

Same here. My first real computer job was unboxing 600 computers. That was it. Just get them unboxed. We told them we knew how to install network cards and configure the PC's and they were astonished, to which we replied "well, you *did* call a computer technician short-term contract company, what were you expecting?"

We ended up configuring and installing them all as well. It was a cruddy job, but it not only launched my career but enabled me to meet my lovely wife. :thumbsup:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you can deal with entry level and the crazy changing work situations at that level, it'd be a great job. Especially at entry level, it is very easy to look good and advance. The majority of your coworkers will be screw offs and will just show up enough to keep the job, if that.

Top Bottom