GlockTalk.com registration problems. Anyone?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I tried registering on GlockTalk.com a few days ago (for the first time) and it said that my IP address had been banned. Obviously I WTF'd, and sent the admin an email. I have yet to hear back. Has anyone else had any problems? Can anyone help me out?

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Why would you want to go over there. :): joke (kind of)

That is a big and busy site. I'm sure they will get back to you eventually.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Maybe they banned you before you did something to get banned? Kinda like a Minority Report thing?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They sent me an e-mail a month or so ago, trying to get me to upgrade, ie pay for an advanced membership. I wish I'd kept the message. It didn't seem very business like. They seemed to be whining about being out of money, I think they even stated it.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    haha sorry but i recently tried to go back to the HK forums, and when i tried to log in it said i was banned. I only posted one time in there!! I have no clue what i did.Admin still hasnt answered my email.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I don't know where Glocktalk is hosted. I could look, but that requires effort, and I'm lazy.... But I do know the datacenter that hkpro is in had a small explosion last week taking down 9000 servers from 7500 customers, HKpro included.

It's possbible Glocktalk was affected? As a side note, my office IP address was banned from registering at Glocktalk. I'd never even been to the site before. I just set my machine up to proxy through another network and registered that way. ;)

*Yes I know, I'm a geek.*

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I'm a firm believer in running a proxy on a site I host. Sometimes the filters at work give me an access denied (weapons). A Proxy fixes that annoying stuff. :rockwoot:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm a firm believer in running a proxy on a site I host. Sometimes the filters at work give me an access denied (weapons). A Proxy fixes that annoying stuff. :rockwoot:

I use a thumb drive fitted out with a browser and an ssh client (I highly recommend PortableApps). SSH into my external proxy and then tunnel my web traffic over the encrypted link.

Top Bottom