• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Exactly what the title says...

BUT, the thing is, the funny noises it makes happen when it's NOT running.

At times, it sounds like there's "static" coming from the back of it. Not like radio-station static, though. In all honesty, it sounds to me like a static-y geiger counter. Or perhaps like if you were to muffle the sound of a plastic shopping bag being crinkled up...

I tried googling the issue, but everything I found online dealt with funny noises during operation. Not when it's just sitting still.

It's not constant, it's randomly intermittant. It'll do it when it hasn't been used in 12 hours...and it'll do it right after it's been used.

Sad thing...it's done this for a few years at least. No difference in functionality from when it was brand new, either.

OMGisitgonnakillme?

-J-

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Not sure if its going to kill you or not, but I sure as hell would be getting rid of it or at least unplugging it when not in use. I'm very anal about potential fires started by appliances. As cheap as microwaves have gotten I wouldn't take the chance.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Exactly what the title says...

BUT, the thing is, the funny noises it makes happen when it's NOT running.

At times, it sounds like there's "static" coming from the back of it. Not like radio-station static, though. In all honesty, it sounds to me like a static-y geiger counter. Or perhaps like if you were to muffle the sound of a plastic shopping bag being crinkled up...

I tried googling the issue, but everything I found online dealt with funny noises during operation. Not when it's just sitting still.

It's not constant, it's randomly intermittant. It'll do it when it hasn't been used in 12 hours...and it'll do it right after it's been used.

Sad thing...it's done this for a few years at least. No difference in functionality from when it was brand new, either.

OMGisitgonnakillme?

-J-

not the noises again.......you better give it to me to dispose of... you can have mine, the handle broke off last night :xmad:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Nothing to worry about until you get like Cousin Eddie from Christmas vacation. If you turn the microwave on and it causes you to space out and pee yourself - then you have a problem.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wrap yourself in tinfoil, just to be safe..:):

mmmmMm.. A little tin-foil, some PAM spray, a little lemon juice and rosemary basted on... I think I'd better stop. I'm getting excited.

And crap, my insurance man has read this thread. Now I 'spose I should get a new microwave. (And colt45er, this microwave is a replacement of one that the door-open button broke....you can keep yours, thanks. hehe)

But I LIKE this microwave. I know how to operate this one! If I get a different one; it'll be DIFFERENT. Seriously...I don't deal with change all that well. Just ask my wife. :D

-J-

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    mmmmMm.. A little tin-foil, some PAM spray, a little lemon juice and rosemary basted on... I think I'd better stop. I'm getting excited.

And crap, my insurance man has read this thread. Now I 'spose I should get a new microwave. (And colt45er, this microwave is a replacement of one that the door-open button broke....you can keep yours, thanks. hehe)

But I LIKE this microwave. I know how to operate this one! If I get a different one; it'll be DIFFERENT. Seriously...I don't deal with change all that well. Just ask my wife. :D

-J-

all I can see is that if the house burns down.....git rid of the microwave before the adjuster gets there:scared:I better get outa here before I read something I shouldnt know about :D

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You have a perfect opportunity to take it outside, plug it in and start "nuking" all the things you've always wanted to try. Then use it for target practice.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Use some Liquid Wrench on the moving parts and see if that helps...matter of fact, the easiest way to lubricate your microwave is to simply stick the can of Liquid Wrench in it, and set it to "Popcorn".....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Use some Liquid Wrench on the moving parts and see if that helps...matter of fact, the easiest way to lubricate your microwave is to simply stick the can of Liquid Wrench in it, and set it to "Popcorn".....

Would half a can of Remington Action Cleaner suffice?

I do have an extension cord...

:dunno:

Top Bottom