Shooter

Anyone ever make a Bacon Explosion?

BACON EXPLOSION

While I would like to make one of these, I am not prepared for the consequences.

I have this recipe on the fridge at home. I was going to do it, but want to share it with friends since the fiance will not be as impressed as I plan to be and I want to share the bacony joy with someone.

I cant wait and seeing it in pictures again makes it time to get one made. My Christmas weekend has a goal.

Shooter
    I don't have a smoker. I guess it can be made in the oven? Only other option I have is my gas grill, but it looks to take quite a while to cook.

That's been posted before, I've already saved it to my favorites

I plan on making it in the future. btw. IBTL :P

i am going to have to take some vytorin after just seeing that. i can feel my arteries hardening now

Hmm, the Bacon Explosion...Never hoid of it.
    You are now breathing manually.

Resurrection !!!! I made one last night. I changed it up a bit, but it was good. I thought I'd share.

I just felt dirty after I ate(a part of) one.
    You are now breathing manually.

Grandmaster
    I haven't made a bacon explosion, but I have made what we call "Fatties".

Despite what some may think, the fatty was around long before the bacon explosion, and really, when you understand what a fatty is you'll realize that the bacon explosion is nothing more than a fatty.

Basically a fatty is just about any type of large log of meat made in that general fashion. Most often it is a roll of sausage stuffed with something then wrapped in bacon, but it could be ground beef wrapped in prosciutto or anything for that matter if you wanted it to be.

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Wherever my wife and the bacon are. Anywhere else is not living, just existing.
    I'm very surprised this never got noticed and locked. There've been many, MANY mentions of the Bacon Explosion on INGO.

I made one a long time back, but the bacon I used was far too thin. If I was to do it again, I would either use thicker bacon slices or the same stuff, just doubled.

Very good to make, and don't forget the Pillsbury Grands biscuits. They make it very easy to hold the slices, not that you'll be holding them for long.

Blessings,
    Bill

Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?