• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    I have this recipe on the fridge at home. I was going to do it, but want to share it with friends since the fiance will not be as impressed as I plan to be and I want to share the bacony joy with someone.

I cant wait and seeing it in pictures again makes it time to get one made. My Christmas weekend has a goal.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I don't have a smoker. I guess it can be made in the oven? Only other option I have is my gas grill, but it looks to take quite a while to cook.

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Resurrection !!!! I made one last night. I changed it up a bit, but it was good. I thought I'd share.

DSC08382.jpg

DSC08383.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I haven't made a bacon explosion, but I have made what we call "Fatties".

Despite what some may think, the fatty was around long before the bacon explosion, and really, when you understand what a fatty is you'll realize that the bacon explosion is nothing more than a fatty.

Basically a fatty is just about any type of large log of meat made in that general fashion. Most often it is a roll of sausage stuffed with something then wrapped in bacon, but it could be ground beef wrapped in prosciutto or anything for that matter if you wanted it to be.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'm very surprised this never got noticed and locked. There've been many, MANY mentions of the Bacon Explosion on INGO.

I made one a long time back, but the bacon I used was far too thin. If I was to do it again, I would either use thicker bacon slices or the same stuff, just doubled.

Very good to make, and don't forget the Pillsbury Grands biscuits. They make it very easy to hold the slices, not that you'll be holding them for long.

Blessings,
    Bill

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom