Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
  1. #11
    INGO Mom Pami's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    What kind of racing? Obviously Indy racing is in, that's cool, just no more NASCAR.
    NASCAR was just this last weekend, actually (the Allstate 400, I think they're calling it now).
    But, we have the Grand Prix in April, the Indy 500 in May, and we have all sorts of car shows and other goings-on all in between.

    clicky 1: Official site of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

    clicky 2: O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis: Home Page
    Epilepsy is underfunded and under-researched, but seizures kill more people than breast cancer does each year.

    Have a question? Check out the INGO FAQ: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...qs_sticky.html

  2. #12
    Grandmaster Kirk Freeman's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    If you want to live outside Indianapolis, why not look at Morgan County? Lots of hills to shoot into.

    Lots of great restaurants in Indianapolis. What do you want, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Brazilian, Thai, Amurican, what?

  3. #13
    Plinker _JD_'s Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    If you want to live outside Indianapolis, why not look at Morgan County? Lots of hills to shoot into.

    Lots of great restaurants in Indianapolis. What do you want, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Brazilian, Thai, Amurican, what?
    I'm simple, Cracker Barrel works for me, I'm more of a Mom&Pop Diner/Greasy Spoon person.

    However when the wife and I go out we love Japanese Hibachi style places, good takeout Chinese is +, I'm tired of the chain restaurants, AppleBeas and Ruby Tuesday keep shrinking their menu.

    I'll mark Morgan County on the map, thanks for the heads up.


  4. #14
    Expert Paul's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    I'm simple, Cracker Barrel works for me, I'm more of a Mom&Pop Diner/Greasy Spoon person.

    However when the wife and I go out we love Japanese Hibachi style places, good takeout Chinese is +, I'm tired of the chain restaurants, AppleBeas and Ruby Tuesday keep shrinking their menu.

    I'll mark Morgan County on the map, thanks for the heads up.
    My GF works at a Japanese Hibachi style place in Avon. I would recommend Pittsboro area honestly. I used to live in Brownsburg and the taxes are getting bad. That is the same with Avon. Plainfield isnt too bad and has a nice mall. Pittsboro is cheap to live in, no traffic, small town, has a great mom and pop type of restaurant that has awesome catfish, and only a 15-20min drive from Indianapolis.
    Opinions expressed by me are not my actual opinions

  5. #15
    Master indyjoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by _JD_ View Post
    That's a good thing, that's the one thing I like about the area of VA that I'm in now, it's pretty laid back, but these southerners move too slow and can't drive.
    You will feel right at home. Many Hoosiers can't drive either.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

  6. #16
    Shooter

    User Info Menu

    As Pami said, Hoosiers all love their basketball. And remember to always speak respectfully of Coach Knight, there are still those of us that might give you a crack otherwise ;-)

    I don't think there are all that many Nascar people yet in the state, at least not like folks down South. At least up here in the Northern part of Indiana, the Nascar people with their team jackets and such stand out in public.

  7. #17
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    My GF works at a Japanese Hibachi style place in Avon. I would recommend Pittsboro area honestly. I used to live in Brownsburg and the taxes are getting bad. That is the same with Avon. Plainfield isnt too bad and has a nice mall. Pittsboro is cheap to live in, no traffic, small town, has a great mom and pop type of restaurant that has awesome catfish, and only a 15-20min drive from Indianapolis.
    I have family in Pittsboro, Danville and Avon. I could recommend any of those areas, based on the time I have spent there. I don't know anything about rental opportunities in either, though. Plainfield, Avon and getting towards Danville seem to be more suburban with strip malls, chain restaurants and the typical suburb stuff. Pittsboro is more rural, but has growing subdivisions.
    the enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.

  8. #18
    Grandmaster kludge's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Avon is where I grew up, but the city planners have turned it into another Greenwood. 7 miles long and 50 stop lights.

    Brownsburg, just moved out of there last year, can't get to or from anywhere quickly, might change with the new interchange, though. We just hated the school system.

    Fishers, nice, but talk about traffic! I looked seriously at a house there, and glad I didn't buy it.

    Rent for $900, I'd try the NE corner.
    AMERICA - Clinging to our GUNS and RELIGION since 1776.

    NRA Certified Instructor - Rifle, Pistol
    www.danvilleconservationclub.org
    www.jpfrog.org

  9. #19
    Expert ryanmercer's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by indyjoe View Post
    When I moved here in '99, I was told don't go East of College and south of 50th street. I think that still holds as a bad area.
    Let me guess a Carmelite told you that...

  10. #20
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Pami View Post
    But this one was by far the best!

    If you don't like the weather - wait 10 minutes.
    Unfortunately, that also means that even if you DO like the weather, wait 10 minutes- it'll change. :rolleyesedit:

    Good luck!

    Blessings,
    B


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge