• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Don't you hate it when your favorite show is cancelled? What do you wish was still on the ol' tube? I was disappointed when NYPDblue went off the air, but if I could only pick one to return it would have to be Seinfeld.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I really enjoyed "Jericho". I especially liked it when Gerald McRaney's character was still "alive". I thought it had a fresh plot. I'm so sick of reality shows and the "greatest _________", you fill in the blank...model, cook, designer, etc. My wife likes these. I always tease my wife and tell her that she likes any show that has at least one obvious gay in it.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    For polls like this I never pick shows that had a long run. I think they got what they needed and the stars probably didn't want to go on, thus bringing it back would make the show less good.

First on the list, winner by a mile: "Firefly" Each time I see the episodes on DVD, I get mad at Fox. Great writing and dialog. Unexpected turns. Saiga 12 gauge. NO SOUND IN SPACE.

Next: "Freaks and Geeks" Great little show. Good DVD set to pickup and watch if you haven't seen it. I didn't catch this until a couple years after it was gone.

Next: "Journeyman" This was like a Quantum Leap in a small sense, but it included multiple jumps to multiple times helping one person, rather than a single jump in and out when fixed. I really enjoyed watching it. The time travel was spontaneous, i.e. without machines. Much like the travel in the book "Time Traveler's Wife" which is a good read, BTW.

"Dead Like Me" I enjoyed the premise and thought they could go longer than two seasons. I liked the irreverent humor.

"Wonderfalls" Just wacky and off the wall, kind of like me.

"Sports Night" Good run, but ended too soon. Great show to pick up on DVD if you haven't seen it.

Bhriindan82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    West Indy
    For polls like this I never pick shows that had a long run. I think they got what they needed and the stars probably didn't want to go on, thus bringing it back would make the show less good.

First on the list, winner by a mile: "Firefly" Each time I see the episodes on DVD, I get mad at Fox. Great writing and dialog. Unexpected turns. Saiga 12 gauge. NO SOUND IN SPACE.

Next: "Freaks and Geeks" Great little show. Good DVD set to pickup and watch if you haven't seen it. I didn't catch this until a couple years after it was gone.

Next: "Journeyman" This was like a Quantum Leap in a small sense, but it included multiple jumps to multiple times helping one person, rather than a single jump in and out when fixed. I really enjoyed watching it. The time travel was spontaneous, i.e. without machines. Much like the travel in the book "Time Traveler's Wife" which is a good read, BTW.

"Dead Like Me" I enjoyed the premise and thought they could go longer than two seasons. I liked the irreverent humor.

"Wonderfalls" Just wacky and off the wall, kind of like me.

"Sports Night" Good run, but ended too soon. Great show to pick up on DVD if you haven't seen it.

I definitely agree w/ Firefly & Sports Night. Great shows, but unfortunately they catered to a small niche. At least both shows ended before they jumped the shark...unlike another favorite show of mine, "The Pretender".

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I definitely agree w/ Firefly & Sports Night. Great shows, but unfortunately they catered to a small niche. At least both shows ended before they jumped the shark...unlike another favorite show of mine, "The Pretender".

I enjoyed The Pretender as well. I think it got 4 seasons, which isn't too bad.

I'm glad Chuck is coming back. I enjoy that show, with Adam Baldwin (Jayne) from Firefly, playing almost the same character, if a little smarter. :)

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Didn't Jericho come back? I've been watching some TV over 6 months behind, so I might have missed something.

Jericho came back for a few episodes but the network still didn't have the viewer numbers that it wanted so it was canceled again. There was a rumor that the SciFi channel was to pick it up but I don't know what happened to that. There also was a rumor of a movie being made based on it.

:+1: for Jericho

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I wish I could remember the name of the series, but it had Josh Brolin playing an Independent Senator. I really liked it, but I don't think it even lasted a season.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Chuck!

That show died due to the writers strike :(

Chuck is coming back late September. I saw the ads during the Colts game last night.

Edit: Nighthawk beat me.

I bought the $100 video streaming device that works with Netflix streaming. With their $8.99/month plan you get streaming. It has been a hoot to watch A-Team, Leave it to Beaver, Give Me A Break, Knight Rider, Quantum Leap. Good stuff. Even as bad as current TV shows are at times, they have really improved. I didn't remember A-Team being that bad. But then I was 12. :)

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 - Firefly.

There was a movie afterwards: "Serenity." Named after the ship.

I've got the series on dvd and the movie!

Also:
    Northern Exposure
    MASH
    WKRP in Cinci

Last edited:
    Top Bottom