Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

You weren't suppose to see that!

User Info Menu

Wow, the Indiana State Police really screwed up your computer!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywoods View Post
    Wow, I didn't think anything upset the Rhino! I'm sure glad I wasn't anywhere near ground zero when he got the news!!:rolleyesedit:
    He changed from purple to red.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

User Info Menu

Latest report . . .

Stupid Outlook Express downloads my e-mail. Sometimes. When it feels like it. And picks and chooses which messages it wants to download.

I can see mail sitting in my inbox when I'm connected to the gmail web mail directly. When I try to download it, sometimes it happens and other times it does not. And some messages it just leaves sitting there.

I have, of course, enabled POP and poop and everything else I need to do. Why it works for a couple of messages now, but not other messages in less than 10 seconds eludes me. Of course, I'm Just Not That Bright either.

I've been avoiding getting a new computer and a broadband connection because even though my setup was slow, it worked. And if it's not broken, don't fix it.

Now these jacka**es have "fixed" things so well that I'm going insaner than I already was.

I'm looking at other ISPs now. I've resisted before because I don't want to change my e-mail address every stinkin' place it will need to be changed.

I'm so furious I actually swore a little while ago. I said, "Cheese and crackers!" . . . ALOUD!

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I find that is the main reason that people do not change their PC and ISP, they do not want to loose their email address. I recommend getting broadband first of all, dial up is painful to use. Then I would not use their email at all, again it can change, you can move, whatever and you will again have to change.

I'd use gmail even when you get to a new ISP, you will have broadband to use the web interface, or if needed you can use pop ot imap if you do not like using the web interface. Me, I use the web so I do not have to worry about any settings. I also get a new laptop about every 4-6 months, but as long as I get online I can have my email with no hassle. I guess if Google goes under you'd loose your email address, but I think that is pretty safe for the foreseeable future.

A new desktop with 4gb of ram and a dual or quad core processor is only about $600-$800 dollers now days, mamzing value for the price. A laptop with 4 gb and dual core is about $800, again great deals are out there!

User Info Menu

This is why I host my own mail with my own domain.

Meh.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Scutter01 View Post
    This is why I host my own mail with my own domain.
    +1 That is the only way to fly.
    Appleseed Rifleman - 228 - I know what I am about.

User Info Menu

I'm not pointy-headed enough to do such things!

Maybe back in the day I could handle it, but now I'm just a should-be Mac user who can't afford a Mac.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywoods View Post
    Wow, I didn't think anything upset the Rhino! I'm sure glad I wasn't anywhere near ground zero when he got the news!!:rolleyesedit:
    there are many things that upset the rhino. he's just such a shy, private individual that you never see it. hehe.
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Adaptive Consulting & Training
    Riley Conservation Club

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To Prevail...you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I'm a hothead!

Outlook Express seems to be working okay now.

I do have both the latest version of Eudora (thanks to BigDave) and the latest versions of Pegasus Mail (downloaded while at Coach's house, pretending to install EZWinScore for him). I'll try them both, probably next week.

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2