• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    hang on, if that was too much sodium for you, you can get the Six Dollar grilled cheese bacon thick burger:

80 grams of fat
    1060 calories
    2240 mg sodium

That's better.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    For some reason, I just don't like Hardees burgers that much. There has got to be something wrong with me.

Nothing wrong with ya Bigum, while I will eat them I find that they just don't have a good taste to them. They taste on the bland side. I mainly ate the 1/ pound chili cheeseburger, but eat that thing with out being loaded down and you find out just what it really taste like.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nothing wrong with you. Any place that would serve a fried bologna biscuit is reaching.

They got it wrong, make it a fried bologna on toast, now we're getting somewhere.

I like the Johnsonville Smoked Sausage Biscuit (on a bun, not biscuit for me) when they have it, it's down right awesome.

Hardee's has some good points, I just wish that when they recreate old menu items from Burger Chef they do it right. The Big Chef is not like what it was when BC was around. Used to be a 3 buns like a Big Mac with fine shredded lettuce not 2 buns and finer torn loose leaf.

Guess I'm sorta old school.:dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    When I met my wife, I was literally living on Mountain Dew and 1 Hardee's Monster Burger a day. Yum!!!

Between two jobs, I simply didn't have time to do anything but stop at Hardee's on the way home at night. It was the only place open all night at the time.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When I met my wife, I was literally living on Mountain Dew and 1 Hardee's Monster Burger a day. Yum!!!

Between two jobs, I simply didn't have time to do anything but stop at Hardee's on the way home at night. It was the only place open all night at the time.

Had time for the womenz, huh?:D

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Had time for the womenz, huh?:D

There's a story there. I was working at a screen printing shop during the day, and at a horse stable nights and weekends to support my horse and my riding lessons. Met her (my wife, not the horse) in a West Virginia chatroom on AOL. She was actively husband hunting, and thought online was a safer and more effective way to meet men than in bars, since she could get to know folks to a certain extent before meeting them in person. I chatted her up for a while, but she literally had a date for every night of the week, with a few spares. I couldn't get a foot in the door! She used my schedule as an excuse for a while, but did eventually manage to get her phone number so we could talk.

Finally managed to wrangle a Thursday night date out of her, which was an epic failure. Working in the screen printing shop was sweaty and messy, and shoveling crap at the stables was obviously hard on clothes. I simply didn't have anything to wear, so I got off work to go buy some for my date, and for the first time my car (a classic '72 Ford LTD, with a big 400 something engine, no exhaust gasket, mustard yellow paint job and ragged out vinyl top) wouldn't start. Ran into work, called her and set a later time. Got the car started, bought some clothes, darn thing wouldn't' start again. Got it started, got home, called her and set a still later time, showered, changed into my brand new Dollar Store (I'm not kidding, it was the only place close enough for me to have time to stop at) date clothes, ran out the door, guess what? Car wouldn't start. Fixed it, left it running, ran in and called her. Her bosses (she was a live in nanny at the time) told me she'd left quite some time ago.... uh oh. Finally managed to pull up to the restaurant, just in time to see the employees walking out, and a woman that looked an awful lot like Cathy's picture slumping out with them. Best thing I could think of was to pull up to her in my rather noisy car, give her my biggest grin, and say "Hi, Cathy!!" She looked my car up and down, looked at me with a look of sheer disgust, and says "Joe?" There is simply no way via computer to adequately communicate the disgust/disappointment/near hatred contained in that one word. I talked her into going to Bob Evans to try to salvage something of the evening, they were closed. Talked her into going to a Shoney's, which thankfully wasn't closed. We spent an hour or two drinking coffee, I thought she was awfully nice to stick around and chat with me, but figured she'd never want to see me again.

For whatever reason, and I've NEVER figured out why, she granted me another Thursday night. Eventually, I managed to edge out a couple of her other boyfriends for more nights of the week, and finally screwed up my courage enough to tell her I wanted to be serious with her, but if she wanted to keep dating other people that was fine, too, but I didn't want to be part of that anymore. Voila, the other boyfriends were gone, and the rest is history.

However, she refused to go anywhere in my car. Wouldn't even sit in it. I had to sell my classic, and buy a soulless Taurus to keep dating her. Much more sadly, I also had to sell my horse. I did not, in fact, have time for both horses and women. Did make a $1200 profit on him, though. Took a thrush ridden, scared silly horse and turned him into a healthy TN Walking Horse that was a sheer joy to trail ride.

There... more than you ever wanted to know about how I made time for wimmin :D

Last edited:
    Top Bottom