• ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    How that for a non gun topic!!

Anyway, HELP!! I bought my wife a treadle sewing machine at a yard sale ($40). A little lube, drive belt, little new finish on the top and she is sewing with it making quilts and clothing. Now.............

I just bought another............needs more work that the first(cabinet repair/rust removal) and when it is ready, one of my daughters is itching to get her hands on it. I have two more daughters at home

My wife wants more treadle machines......SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Sweet I love old mechanical things as they typically out last new things. last summer I snached up one of those somebody was throwing away never got around to fixing it though and it's still sitting on my shelf.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I'm learning how well many of the old items were made. I'm trying to repair the cabinets to match the original construction, some power tool work and a lot of hand work. Also learning rust removal on some small items. Will have to see if can repair chrome plating.... easily!

Many skills to develop!! But it is fun

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Wow, that one on the left really brings back memories. My grandmother used to make me things with an old Singer that looked exactly like that one. She would make gun sleeves. She would take off a frayed collar from a shirt and turn it around and sew it back on. They don't make them like they used to...sewing machines or grandmothers...bless their souls.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Wow, that one on the left really brings back memories. My grandmother used to make me things with an old Singer that looked exactly like that one. She would make gun sleeves. She would take off a frayed collar from a shirt and turn it around and sew it back on. They don't make them like they used to...sewing machines or grandmothers...bless their souls.

++1:thumbsup:

Top Bottom