Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Progressive auto insurance...

Anyone has it?

Looking to save some coin on auto insurance for my wife and I; their online quote was OUTSTANDING.

Anyone bought it online? Through an actual agent at a brick & mortar establishment? Ever had to file a claim with them?

Shanks,

-J-

User Info Menu

It is my understanding that in some parts of the state they have what they call a concierge program. Basically IF you have an accident you drop the vehicle off at their office, THEY decide who will fix it and how much they will pay. The shop is then bound by contract to pick the car up with a tow truck, fix it and then pay a tow truck to take it back. Then it goes through their inspection and if it fails the shop must then pay a wrecker to pick it up again and fix it this time the shop pays the rental car fees.

I am speaking from a shop’s point of view. But I like to meet the people who are going to fix my car and “I” want to do the inspecting.
    GetA2J = Get Addicted To Jesus

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Progressive........isn't IMO

I had a bad experience with Progressive. My wife's car was hit by a coworker in the parking lot at work. When they found out how much damage was done (about $2K) they decided to turn it in to their Progressive insurance. Our car was brand new but the Progressive adjuster told me I couldn't pick the shop and they would use junk-yard parts to repair our car. The guy even told me there's a state law allowing them to make that call. I'd be ashamed to be represented like that by an insurance company. Our State Farm policy paid for the repairs at the shop I picked, using new parts, and recovered their loss and my deductible from Progressive.
    If your crystal meth dealer has all his teeth, he's a cop!

User Info Menu

I can't say anything about Progressive auto insurance, but their CEO Peter B. Lewis is a huge supporter of liberal ideology. I won't say the link I cited to is authoritative, but will give you a start for your own research. I try to shy away from supporting companies that have leadership like this when I know about it. Just a little food for thought.
    "They say the best weapon is one you never have to fire, I prefer the weapon you only need to fire once." --Tony Stark

User Info Menu

Exclamation

Couple of facts regardless of who your insurer is:

In the state of Indiana, you only need ONE estimate (at the shop of YOUR choice) and if you car is under five years old you are able to demand that the body shop use OEM (original manufacturer) body parts. The insurer can however require third-party mechanical (non-body) parts be used.

I think Indiana is one of only two or three states that give you these rights.
    Sadly..... Common sense doesn't seem very common anymore.

User Info Menu

I just wonder if it's worth the hassle to go with another company over about $150 a year?

Guess I'll keep checking back for responses!

Thanks again.

-J-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hoosiertriangle View Post
    I can't say anything about Progressive auto insurance, but their CEO Peter B. Lewis is a huge supporter of liberal ideology. I won't say the link I cited to is authoritative, but will give you a start for your own research. I try to shy away from supporting companies that have leadership like this when I know about it. Just a little food for thought.
    Sounds like quite a guy.
    It's hotter than Hades down here.

Gosh I smell good.

User Info Menu

I know someone who was in an accident. Both drivers had progressive. Well the other guy was at fault, but the way the police report and the progressive insurance rep wrote the report of the accident it was very vauge. Since it was vauge both driver were "at fault". which would really Pi** me off.

I use AAA and it is not that bad. If you have not checked with them give it a shot as well..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    I had a bad experience with Progressive. My wife's car was hit by a coworker in the parking lot at work. When they found out how much damage was done (about $2K) they decided to turn it in to their Progressive insurance. Our car was brand new but the Progressive adjuster told me I couldn't pick the shop and they would use junk-yard parts to repair our car. The guy even told me there's a state law allowing them to make that call. I'd be ashamed to be represented like that by an insurance company. Our State Farm policy paid for the repairs at the shop I picked, using new parts, and recovered their loss and my deductible from Progressive.
    DRob,
    My understanding of this State law seems to have several interpretations.
    Some insurance companies read it to say that if you are NOT insured by them then they are exempt from the law by some loophole, although I’ve never seen this in writing.
    Others will say that if you ARE insured by them then they are exempted because their policy contract reads something to that effect. (you waive your rights to that particular law)
    The fact is that the law states that if you have the right to demand “new OEM” parts be used IF your vehicle is a “CURRENT MODEL YEAR MINUS 5 YRS OR NEWER”.
    As you had mentioned, I have counseled most of my customers who have State Farm Insurance to fix the car under their own policy, pay their deductible and it (the repair process) will be more prudent and even faster in most cases.
    GetA2J = Get Addicted To Jesus

User Info Menu

I like the girl on the commercials. She says, "Wow!" louder than the customers, and she has a big, tricked-out nametag.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast