• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I recieved this in an email, thought I'd share it. If its already been posted im sorry. Everything below this line is the email ENJOY!!!

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    We had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a 'large' enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest one Sears made at
    that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, "NO, it's not.. Four is larger than two..." We haven't used Sears repair since.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, "You gave me too much money." I said, "Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back." She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said "We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.
    Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."
    From
    Kingman, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING IN FOOD SERVICE:
    My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.' He said he was sorry, but they only
    had iceberg lettuce.
    From Kansas City

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    I was at the airport,
    checking in at the gate when an airport employee
    asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your
    knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
    Happened in Birmingham, Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    The stoplight on the
    corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was
    crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine.
    She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it
    signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded,
    "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!"
    She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    We were having a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker, as she was
    leaving the company due to 'downsizing.' Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often." Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare. This was a lunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the sake of her life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we
    were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it
    was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's open!" His reply, "I know. I already got that side.
    This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, MS

IDIOT SIGHTINGS:
    When I left Hawaii and was transferred to Florida, I still had the Hawaiian plates on my car, as my car was shipped from Hawaii. I was parking somewhere (I can't remember) and a guy asked me "Wow, you drove from Hawaii to here?" I looked at him and quickly said "Yep. I took the Hawaii/San Francisco Bridge." He nodded his head and said, "Cool"!

STAY ALERT! ... They walk among us ... they REPRODUCE ... And
    they vote ... God help the rest of us!

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Recent sighting...

Last week, 2 teenagers parked their car in front of my house. My wife was gardening in our side yard when she watches them start to cut through our yard. She stopped them and asked where they think they were going. One of them pointed to a house and said that they were going to a friend’s house. She said that’s fine but you can’t cut through our yard, its private property and they were trespassing.
    The response from the other teenager, “what do expect us to do then”?:dunno:
    My wife responded you can try using the sidewalk and walk around.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Idiot.jpg

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    While in Dairy Queen a woman infront of me ordered a milkshake,and when the lady behind the counter asked which flavor she replied," DA, milk." Not vanilla or chocolate, just Da milk.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I had a customer in my work one day and said he needed to use the phone to call his wife to bring the spare key, because the door was locked and the battery on the remote went dead. Imagine his surprise when I asked to see the key and went outside and unlocked the door for him.

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    N IN
    I was at Dairy Queen a couple of years ago and the guy working the drive up window owed me 55 cents change and gave me 5 dimes and a nickel. But I saw that he had quarters in the drawer, and I always need them for the car wash, pop machine etc., so I asked him why he didn't give me 2 quarters.
    He looked me straight in the face and said, borderline condescendingly, "because your change was 55 cents, not 50."

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    Last weekend I went to Wal-Mart in Greencastle to purchase a chainsaw. I found one for $139.00. I went to the checkout and as the lady was ringing my total up(single item purchase) she asked "if I wanted the extended warranty for an additional $9.99. I agreed and she proceeds to tell me that my total is $309.00. I ask how this can be and if she rang the saw up twice. She told me that there was no mistake and that I failed to calculate for tax!!! At this point I just look at her and "Politely" tell her she can keep the saw.

BTW....I found a better saw at TSC for less money.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    IDIOT SIGHTING:
    My daughter and I went through the McDonald's take-out window and I gave the clerk a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her a quarter. She said, "You gave me too much money." I said, "Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar bill back." She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request. I did so, and he handed me back the quarter, and said "We're sorry but we cannot do that kind of thing." The clerk then proceeded to give me back $1 and 75 cents in change.
    Do not confuse the clerks at McD's.
    This has really happened to me ;)

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I paid with my bank card for a dollar amt. & change for the coin amt at my local dairy queen ,The 4 employees looked like they had an impromptu WTF meeting on what to do .

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I paid with my bank card for a dollar amt. & change for the coin amt at my local dairy queen ,The 4 employees looked like they had an impromptu WTF meeting on what to do .

that can be legit, cuz some of the newer computer cash registers can be confusing, even to smart people. I try to be patient with cashiers, cuz I work a cash drawer and I know I've messed up before but still, some people are just stupid.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    True story:

At work I ordered a BLT from the cafe. Brought it back to our office and one of my partners asked what I got to eat. I told him a BLT, a moment of silence then he asked, "What's on it?"

My other partner shot Pespi all over the place and I was laughing so hard I couldn't even finish my sandwich.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    My friend and her 22 year old son stopped at the drive up at McD's a few years back. Her son ordered a plain cheeseburger. Down the road a short ways he started cussing and tossed the sandwich out the window. When she asked him what was wrong with it he replyed,

"I asked for a plain cheeseburger and the idiots put cheese on it."

True story, the young man is either 30 or 31 now and still not any smarter. She told me she almost run off the road from laughing so hard...LOL

BTW...the young man is a big drug user as well, has been since about 15 or 16.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I had a customer in my work one day and said he needed to use the phone to call his wife to bring the spare key, because the door was locked and the battery on the remote went dead. Imagine his surprise when I asked to see the key and went outside and unlocked the door for him.

You did this with a straight face right? :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My friend and her 22 year old son stopped at the drive up at McD's a few years back. Her son ordered a plain cheeseburger. Down the road a short ways he started cussing and tossed the sandwich out the window. When she asked him what was wrong with it he replyed,

"I asked for a plain cheeseburger and the idiots put cheese on it."

True story, the young man is either 30 or 31 now and still not any smarter. She told me she almost run off the road from laughing so hard...LOL

BTW...the young man is a big drug user as well, has been since about 15 or 16.

Next time you're in a fast food joint, tell them you want plain sauce on your sandwich.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I went to a Hardees' in Henderson, KY about 6 weeks ago. I ordered a single with cheese. The brilliant cashier told me they don't serve those any more, but I could order a bacon cheese burger and take off the bacon. I said fine and tried to order a bacon cheese burger with no bacon, I really didn't feel like taking it off. She told me that they couldn't do that, that it was a bacon cheese burger and that is the way it comes.

I have read so many of these idiot sighting stories so I knew what my chances were of having the bacon removed and getting what I wanted, so I accepted the sandwich went and sat down, opened it removed the bacon and took it back. She had the oddest look on her face when I handed her the bacon and asked if there was something wrong with my sandwich, I told her that I didn't want the bacon...she asked me "then why didn't you order an sandwich without bacon"

The rage, and the laughter at one time was too much for me to take. I walked away with my head down and ate my sandwhich in total isolation.

Top Bottom