• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    I was just wondering if there were any ATF Industry Operations Investigators out there. Or if there is anyone who know an IOI. I applied to this position in 2008-2009.

I've Googled it numerous times and have gotten a lot of information, however I'd like a personal opinion.

I've had my interview, turned in my background check and peed in a cup for them. I would like to know what I should expect next and how the academy is?

Any help or resources will be great! It would be really awesome to actually talk to an IOI too!

Thanks!

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    OH I'm sure there is! :shady: :wavey: Time to make the tin foil head gear.

But seriously good luck!

Ha! Thanks. All of my references I put down on my background packet have called me. An investigator has been working hard trying to dig up dirt!

I think I'm getting this position, I cant wait!

If only someone could tell me what to expect from FLETC! :D

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    The best way for you to find out is to illegally sell a gun and brag about it on this forum... soon enough you will find out if there's an agent on here!- Then again I doubt you would get a job after that :D

But seriously, what are the qualifications and hiring process like?

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    The best way for you to find out is to illegally sell a gun and brag about it on this forum... soon enough you will find out if there's an agent on here!- Then again I doubt you would get a job after that :D

But seriously, what are the qualifications and hiring process like?

Well, the qualifications are a bachelors or over a year of experience equivalent to a GS-5 and butt load of patience. I applied to the position right out of college (May 2008). I got scheduled for an interview in March of this year!

The hiring process is pretty close to any other law enforcement process. However, the position is not a law enforcement position and there's no physical ability requirments. On the day of my interview I had to complete a writing test and basic math test prior to the panel interview.

The basic math test consisted of questions like: If one yard equals 3 ft how many feet are in 100 yards? The interview questions were pretty basic: how would you handle this situation, how would handle that situation.

About a month after that, they sent me the background package. I had to get finger prints done and my employment, living history, school etc for the past 10 years. Then, they call and schedule appointments to meet with all of your references, which is where I currently am in the process right now.

But seriously folks there has to someone out there who has been through FLETC?? (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center):tumbleweed:

BSUrugger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Behind the reticle
    Well I got my letter saying I passed the hiring process after I applied in May of 2008. However it gives me no duty location or timeline. Does anyone know anybody who knows someone who has been to the federal law enforcement training center?:dunno:

Top Bottom