• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    What do you think is going to happen in 2012? I say that we will be visited by alien's.(not the one crossing the border) I don't know if it will be good or bad, but I say they are coming back to earth.:twocents:
    What do you think?:popcorn:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think that nothing at all will happen.

It's ALL ignorant hype.

Most of it stemming around the supposed end of the world as predicted by the Mayan calendar. When, in fact, that is NOT the case. Their ancient calender does indeed stop in 2012, but no where in Mayan writings do they predict the "end of the world" or any other cataclysmic event. They just stopped their calender in a year so far off that they didn't see any sense in going further.

It'd be like getting to the end of your Fruit of the Month calendar, not seeing a 2011, and thinking that the world was going to end because 2011 wasn't on there.

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar's thirteenth b'ak'tun is going to end on December 12, 2012 and the fourteenth b'ak'tun will begin. I think it will be exactly as exciting as watching your odometer roll over to 100,000 miles. The world will come to an end in the same way it did when the Gregorian calendar ticked over from 1999 to 2000.

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    I think that nothing at all will happen.

It's ALL ignorant hype.

Most of it stemming around the supposed end of the world as predicted by the Mayan calendar. When, in fact, that is NOT the case. Their ancient calender does indeed stop in 2012, but no where in Mayan writings do they predict the "end of the world" or any other cataclysmic event. They just stopped their calender in a year so far off that they didn't see any sense in going further.

It'd be like getting to the end of your Fruit of the Month calendar, not seeing a 2011, and thinking that the world was going to end because 2011 wasn't on there.

-J-

HAHA that's probably the most logical(and probable!) answer I've heard. Anybody else?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Their ancient calender does indeed stop in 2012, but no where in Mayan writings do they predict the "end of the world" or any other cataclysmic event. They just stopped their calender in a year so far off that they didn't see any sense in going further.
    -J-

HAHA that's probably the most logical(and probable!) answer I've heard. Anybody else?

It doesn't actually "stop", it just rolls over to the next "age". They call it a "b'ak'tun".

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I'm not sure if it's a coincidence (-spelling) or not but there has been A LOT of earthquakes being reported lately, not to mention the 2 volcanoes that erupted not to long ago. Maybe the only reason we are paying more attention than normal is because 2012 is around the corner and the Discovery Channel has an "End of the World" show on nearly every single night. I'm more or less hoping for a giant planet to come crashing into the Earth. I for one don't want to fall into a huge crack in the Earth nor have to survive nuclear winter if Yellowstone explodes.

Seeing some aliens (the green kind) running around would be kinda neat as well.. I'd like to know how well a deer slug works on one personally :D

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    Oh, good point! There has been alot of natural disasters lately, plus the weather is all outta whack. hmm... stir the pot

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I might be wrong but,I didnt think the Mayans predicted the end of the world but,an end to an Era.2012 is the end of a 26000 year cycle.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    More natural disasters as compared to when?

Weather out of whack as compared to when?

Keep in mind that we now live in an age of information overload 24/7/365 from all over the world. Also keep in mind that most all of us have very very poor memories when it comes to remembering weather from year to year, decade to decade.

-J-

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Do some reading about,Polar shifts,the alignment that is suppose to happen in 2012, I've read alot of writings on this subject,no one knows what will happen,Some say it will trigger a 20 plus hour earthquake,Earth will stop spinning for 3 days,the list goes on and on. If science was one of your favorite subjects,its very interesting,Mayans beleived time as we keep it now will change,so there was no way to keep track of it after,this new age starts. I'll send you some sites to read or watch if your interested.

bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    More natural disasters as compared to when?

Weather out of whack as compared to when?

Keep in mind that we now live in an age of information overload 24/7/365 from all over the world. Also keep in mind that most all of us have very very poor memories when it comes to remembering weather from year to year, decade to decade.

-J-

compared to last year maybe, idk, it sounds good to me
    All I know is it's alomst the end of may and my furnace kicked on! how about that:spend:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Hopie Indians say that it will begin above the 45th parallel. So maybe N Korea.

...Or the UP of Michigan ;)

Any idea when the Hopi have purportedly said this? The return of Pahana is supposed to usher the Fifth World...kind of a violent thing in their religion. But Pahana is to come "from the east".

djl02 said:
    Do some reading about,Polar shifts,the alignment that is suppose to happen in 2012, I've read alot of writings on this subject,no one knows what will happen,Some say it will trigger a 20 plus hour earthquake,Earth will stop spinning for 3 days,the list goes on and on. If science was one of your favorite subjects,its very interesting,Mayans beleived time as we keep it now will change,so there was no way to keep track of it after,this new age starts. I'll send you some sites to read or watch if your interested.

Yes, please post some academically, scientifically, and/or religiously reliable sources.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    have no fear people of the world. THE GREAT ONE, THE SECOND COMING OF KENNEDY & LINCOLN, THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, LORD OBAMA, will look into his tele-prompter on dec 22, 2012 and tell us he waged a great battle, and also invented the NEW internet which will now be called ObamaNET, and if you wanna live then you need to pull out your check book and call the white house and someone will be happy to take your muslim prayer request for his re-election campaign for his 3rd term. oh yeah in fine print he will tell you he scrapped the constitution and now he will be DICTATOR till the end of time. yes the END OF TIME!!! he stole nancy pelocy's anti-dying formula and now he is imortal. His closing words: "have a great life, and allah bless america"

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    have no fear people of the world. THE GREAT ONE, THE SECOND COMING OF KENNEDY & LINCOLN, THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD, LORD OBAMA, will look into his tele-prompter on dec 22, 2012 and tell us he waged a great battle, and also invented the NEW internet which will now be called ObamaNET, and if you wanna live then you need to pull out your check book and call the white house and someone will be happy to take your muslim prayer request for his re-election campaign for his 3rd term. oh yeah in fine print he will tell you he scrapped the constitution and now he will be DICTATOR till the end of time. yes the END OF TIME!!! he stole nancy pelocy's anti-dying formula and now he is imortal. His closing words: "have a great life, and allah bless america"

Now I really hope this planet comes crashing into Earth.. it would be a better place. :D Or hell, I might just go find a volcano to jump into!

Top Bottom