Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Online dating?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMan59 View Post
    my exerience was this: there's a reason why most of those people are on the internet.
    +1--I totally agree...that's pretty much been my experience so far
    -Lori-

User Info Menu

I have a buddy who uses plentyoffish.com.

I don't think he's met Ms. Right, but he has met several Ms. Right Nows...

So I guess it's all what your looking for. If I was in the market again, it would be all hookers for me. You have to pay for it one way or the other, at least this way you are just paying them to leave.
    I'm much more fun to be around when you're drunk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    From what I've observed, the best way to attract a large number of potential suitors/mates/etc. is to be involved with someone else already, especially if they are perceived to be attractive by members of their own sex. For example, I went to a party with the then girlfriend back in 1995, and I was a lot more "popular" to specific people than I had been when I was a lone rhino. It almost got me a good thrashing because somehow it was my fault. Heh.

Since then I've noticed that many women (not all, obviously) sometimes assess a man's attractiveness by the attractiveness of the woman with whom they are seen. I figured it was one of those, "She's hot and she chose him, so he must have something going for him," but I could be wrong.

I have not observed men engaged in identical behavior. Men are more likely to use an attractive woman as a trophy, but his characteristics play no role in whether or not other men find her attractive.
    Trophy wife FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    I have a buddy who uses plentyoffish.com.

I don't think he's met Ms. Right, but he has met several Ms. Right Nows...

So I guess it's all what your looking for. If I was in the market again, it would be all hookers for me. You have to pay for it one way or the other, at least this way you are just paying them to leave.
    "Every man has to pay for sex. At least hookers tell you the price up front."
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance. R. Quillen
    Quote Originally Posted by bglaze View Post
    mk2ja, for an Unreasonable Argumentative A**, you're makin' some d**n good points!
    Everything the Marines taught me about rifle marksmanship, I had already learned from the Appleseed Project. Find an event near you!

User Info Menu

he has met several Ms. Right Nows...
    If that means what it sounds like...sadly, I predict some Raltegravir in that gentleman's future.
    ~No matter how responsible she seems, never give a monkey your gun.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    If that means what it sounds like...sadly, I predict some Raltegravir in that gentleman's future.

Had to look that one up, eeoooowww!!!

Why is it that the one thing that you can do with somebody, by yourself, with accessories or without, that can be done for free or you can spend as much money as you want, has to have so many negative consequences?

User Info Menu

Looks are important to a degree. I believe there has to be physical attraction. However I believe to have a deep relationship, you must go deeper. Relationships I have seen based Solly on looks, did not last. After the initial lust wears off, there is nothing to fall back on. Also you do not have to compromise your morals, and beliefs just to find someone. In a relationship there has to be compromise yes, but not who you are. If someone truly loves you, then they will love you for you. Personally I'm working on me right now, and trying to better myself by going back to school. When it's time I feel God will do his biding. I look back and see my marriage as a mistake. However it has made me stronger, and wiser.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by femurphy77 View Post
    Why is it that the one thing that you can do with somebody, by yourself, with accessories or without, that can be done for free or you can spend as much money as you want, has to have so many negative consequences?

It's probably the universe's way of saying...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JetGirl View Post
    damn, thats harsh...
    here I thought I was bad asking where he hides all those little VERY fine tooth combs
    I'm much more fun to be around when you're drunk.

User Info Menu

I met my Girl Friend on Zoosk.

I went trough a few nut cases before her though. We messaged (email, text,talked on the phone, etc***) a few weeks before meeting. But finally had dinner on November 7 2009, had a nice dinner but she had to leave early due to a family member in the hospital, but we met up that Sunday again and went to Louisville and viewed the sights in the area and talked a bunch. We have been together ever since, and not one fight or argument to this date. We now live together and enjoy each others company as well as the kids we both brought in to the relationship.
    I want something fast enough to do something stupid on.

User Info Menu

damn, thats harsh...
    More like "realistic"...YMMV

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast