Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Online dating?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    I recommenced my primary dating strategy yesterday: hitting on waitresses.

So far, I have an impressive 0.000 average after hundreds of times at bat. Heh.

whatever's working, lol.......
    -Lori-

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT Knife Lady's Avatar

User Info Menu

I love the falling in love stories you men have shared on here. Thanks and it does give hope to all of the singles out there still looking. No matter what age we are.
    A closed mind can't learn.

Please be kind to others.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Lady View Post
    I love the falling in love stories you men have shared on here. Thanks and it does give hope to all of the singles out there still looking. No matter what age we are.
    Speaking of age. I was 42 when I got married. Yes it was my first marriage and yes, she was worth the wait.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    I have a buddy who uses plentyoffish.com.
    I'm on that one as well... it's the only decent 'free' site I have found so far.. but there are still a lot of crazy women on there!

Quote Originally Posted by ljadayton View Post
    +1--The ex and I only got married when we did because the Army has this rule about not paying housing allowance to single E5's when there were a ton of empty barrack's rooms, so we got married to get the allowance. We were engaged and had planned on keeping it that way for a while but oh well. In a good relationship, a marriage certificate is a piece of paper, shouldn't make any difference in the relationship.....
    I agree the military needs to butt-out when it comes to marriages.. you wonder why the divorce rate is so high among veterans, is because people like me make the mistake of getting married for money instead of love and then regret it down the line. In the end, that extra $50 a month means absolutely nothing.

User Info Menu

[quote=Militarypol21;1058889]I'm on that one as well... it's the only decent 'free' site I have found so far.. but there are still a lot of crazy women on there!quote]

POF's not bad....I'm on there, a ton of crazies, both women and men...turned me cynical real quick--I get accused of playing hard to get because I won't send naughty pics or consent to a full blown make out session the first time I meet someone.....yeah...good to be single
    -Lori-

POC

User Info Menu

Ahem....
    I met my wife online, not on a dating site though.
    We've been married for 8 years.
    We met back before the internet is what it is today.
    We met on a 'listserve' an email list. It was about ZR2 equipped GM trucks.
    I lived here in Indiana, she was in Pennsylvania. I had a GMC Sonoma, she had a Blazer. I joined in '97, she joined in '98. We started posting pictures and when I saw her, I just had to talk to her. Of course lots of other guys did too, since she was the only girl on the list.
    We emailed back and forth for quite a while, I called her on the phone and she liked my "accent". So we talked on the phone for a while. She started flying out for a week each month, and working OT the other three weeks of the month to get her PTO time for the next trip. I drove out to visit her one time.
    The weekend after Thanksgiving 2001 she and her little dog (and all 26' of a moving truck) moved into my parents house. I lived in the garage.
    I had been engaged before, and had a house 75% built. So we quickly finished the house and got married in June of 2002. We had our daughter in September of 2003.
    So, "online dating" doesn't always turn out bad. And the huge ratio of men:women doesn't mean it can't happen either.

User Info Menu

[quote=ljadayton;1058912]
    Quote Originally Posted by Militarypol21 View Post
    I'm on that one as well... it's the only decent 'free' site I have found so far.. but there are still a lot of crazy women on there!quote]

POF's not bad....I'm on there, a ton of crazies, both women and men...turned me cynical real quick--I get accused of playing hard to get because I won't send naughty pics or consent to a full blown make out session the first time I meet someone.....yeah...good to be single
    YOU PRUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by POC View Post
    Ahem....
    I met my wife online, not on a dating site though.
    We've been married for 8 years.
    We met back before the internet is what it is today.
    We met on a 'listserve' an email list. It was about ZR2 equipped GM trucks.
    I lived here in Indiana, she was in Pennsylvania. I had a GMC Sonoma, she had a Blazer. I joined in '97, she joined in '98. We started posting pictures and when I saw her, I just had to talk to her. Of course lots of other guys did too, since she was the only girl on the list.
    We emailed back and forth for quite a while, I called her on the phone and she liked my "accent". So we talked on the phone for a while. She started flying out for a week each month, and working OT the other three weeks of the month to get her PTO time for the next trip. I drove out to visit her one time.
    The weekend after Thanksgiving 2001 she and her little dog (and all 26' of a moving truck) moved into my parents house. I lived in the garage.
    I had been engaged before, and had a house 75% built. So we quickly finished the house and got married in June of 2002. We had our daughter in September of 2003.
    So, "online dating" doesn't always turn out bad. And the huge ratio of men:women doesn't mean it can't happen either.
    Congrats, buddy. Always glad to hear these good stories. Good luck on the next 8 years! (And more!)
    Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument an exchange of ignorance. R. Quillen
    Quote Originally Posted by bglaze View Post
    mk2ja, for an Unreasonable Argumentative A**, you're makin' some d**n good points!
    Everything the Marines taught me about rifle marksmanship, I had already learned from the Appleseed Project. Find an event near you!

Shooter

User Info Menu

I have a good friend who uses online dating sites all the time. Although, he's not looking for love. He's does quite well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JDonhardt View Post
    I have a good friend who uses online dating sites all the time. Although, he's not looking for love. He's does quite well.
    I get emails all the time from people like your friend. In fact, there are hot single chicks looking to hook up with me locally TONIGHT!!...no strings attached!!

Wait...that might be something else...
    ~No matter how responsible she seems, never give a monkey your gun.

User Info Menu

Hah! I just got an email notification of a message on Geek 2 Geek - Geeks should be appreciated. First time that's happened there or anywhere else for . . . years!

False Alarm! Here is the message:

Hello! How are you? Nice to meet you here! You probably think why I have paid attention to you and I write to you. I search man for friendship and may be more. I would like to learn you better because you have interested me. If you wish to know about me more also that we can have contact through e-mail. I not often on a site. I hope soon to see your letter on my e-mail caraliva@yahoo.com or caraliva (at) yah00 (dot) c0m
    My only question is, in what language did the guy who is trying to scam me write that message before he sent it through an online text translator into "English"?
    Last edited by rhino; 05-29-2010 at 23:21.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast