Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Online dating?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Williams View Post
    My wife and I met in an AOL West Virginia chatroom.
    West Virginia... Cousins only?? Just kidding...
    ACAB

Plinker

User Info Menu

Met my wife on E-harmony nearly three years ago, married for almost two now. She's a keeper. Online dating does work however, there is a lot of bad experiences you have to go through to find the right one just like doing the bars and friends of friends....

Scott
    1911A1: The "Professional's" choice...

User Info Menu

I have been married, met a lot of psychos! I have learned when the time is right it will happen. When you least expect it.

User Info Menu

Patriot....been divorced since 1997.....People an friends an family told me that for 5 years....I've been least expecting it for over 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!! I prefer to think of it as ...if I can't find the right one this time, then no one is better. Life is good....an I can buy a gun an don't have to hide it....ha.
    Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. William Penn

Shooter

User Info Menu

when i met my wife, i realy wasnt looking at all. but shiznit happens.

now when i say i wasnt looking, that doesnt mean i was dead to the world. if you dont go to places where the women are then they arent just gonna magicly apear in your man cave...... or at least not the ones who you DONT have to pay. lol

get out in the world!!! also open your horrizons!!! i always liked the freak girls with the dyed hair and punk style, but my wife is NOTHING EVEN CLOSE TO THAT!!!! so basicly what im saying is dont be afraid to open your expectations and choose something different than you thought you liked.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Lady View Post

My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.
    Face is #1 in terms of physical attraction to me, especially if you're talking about the possibility of an actual relationship.

Men also do not have the same standards for bodies that most women believe most of us have. What most women seem to think "we" like is generally too skinny for many of us.

In general, though, (and if I had a Man Card I'd lose it for saying this), I usually notice whatever is attractive about the individual. I've met very few women who were repulsive overall, and in almost every case it was more about their personality.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ljadayton View Post
    So I'm just curious how many INGOer's are on online dating websites? having any luck or more horror stories? I get mostly horror stories..though I did meet a fellow INGOer on one...lol.......

My hubby and I met thru the newspaper. Online dating didn't exist back then. I lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone else, so I thought I'd put an add in the Ft.Wayne Newspaper. He answered, and 14 years later we're still going strong!
    " Some people live life in the fast lane - I live in oncoming traffic!"

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT Knife Lady's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MrsXtremeVel View Post
    My hubby and I met thru the newspaper. Online dating didn't exist back then. I lived in a small town where everyone knew everyone else, so I thought I'd put an add in the Ft.Wayne Newspaper. He answered, and 14 years later we're still going strong!

Yes you are and very quite nicely I might add. Or so it seemed at the show. Very nice to meet you both btw.
    A closed mind can't learn.

Please be kind to others.

User Info Menu

Met my DH online. Started as a dare from some friends in college to "make contact" with someone on Yahoo personals. I'm no fool, so I picked guys that I thought I could at least be friends with. 12 years (nearly 8 married) and 2 kids later, here we are.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Knife Lady View Post
    My question is would you men rather have a pretty face with a not quite so hot body or a hot body with a ugly face?? I really would like to know the answer to that? Please let me know.
    Pretty face.

I'll have to agree with rhino in that the media/society has stereotyped 'beauty' that doesn't work for everyone. I think most models/actresses have beautiful faces but are physically unattractive to me because they look sickly thin.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast