• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    So I'm just curious how many INGOer's are on online dating websites? having any luck or more horror stories? I get mostly horror stories..though I did meet a fellow INGOer on one...lol.......

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    A buddy of mine is involved in several but so far (2 years) has only met psychos! I'd like to know their (the psychos) side of the story having known him for quite awhile!:laugh:

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I'm not on any, but I have 2 (male) friends who are, and neither of them have given the experience great reviews. They say that at best it can get you a few more introductions than you might normally get, but for the most part there's more success to be had in finding women via your hobbies and interests.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    my wife sent me a friend request on Myspace! We talked online for awhile before we met, started dating shortly after and married a year and half later... We are about 7 months in and expecting our first at the end of the year. I never put much stock in meeting someone online, but I wasn't really a bar go-er either.

Several of her friends had luck on eHarmony, several of my friends joined but no luck, met what are now friends but no one special. Haven't heard too many people that met from Match.com or other places.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I did e|Harmony two different times; for a year each. I think I was on another "Christian" dating site for 6-7 months as well.

I had exactly two dates with 1 woman my 2nd go-'round with EH.

Turns out that I already knew my wife... Just finally decided to ask her out.

-J-

Oh, and OP, I'd love to hear some of your "horror" stories! hehe

Jon Craig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Lafayette, IN
    I met my wife sort of "online dating."

It was back in 1993, though, and I ran a BBS (in Cali) of which she was a user (she in Michigan). We started chatting a lot, and, well, we're still together. :)

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    lol, ok.....let's see, how to keep some of these INGO friendly......there are lots (LOTS) of guys who will express interest, then disappear....one messaged me the other day, hadn't heard from him in TWO months...but he wanted me to know he hadn't forgotten about me (whatever, lol)....or the guy who had a 2 hour conversation about his "size" or lack of....the one who accused me of cheating on him, BEFORE I had met him in person (I was cheating on him since I had a profile still up). This one also made mention of going to look at Jarrod's website (but said he was just joking, I didn't know him that well, that's not the right answer, lol). The one who said I wasn't interested in him because I have male friends on facebook and made comments on their pages......I'm sure I can think of more.....oh yeah, the guy that thought if our meet-lunch at Denny's went well it would mean we were in a relationship and you get certain privalages (sp?) when you're in a relationship.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    "Psycho groupie cocaine crazy makes you high, makes you high, makes you really..." - System of a Down

Yup, I quoted song lyric in actual response to your question, and I actually think that semi-rambling synedoche sums up the dilemma succinctly.

You just never know who's on the other end of these tubes.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars & I met on a MUD and have been happily married for almost 9 years. :D

A friend of ours tried an online dating site. First match didn't work out so well, but he just got engaged to the second match. :woot:

My sister is doing some sort of online dating thing through Facebook. I told her to make sure her roommate is on speed dial so Beth can come and kick their butts if Shan gets into trouble.

I'm skeptical, but for the handful of people I know who have tried it, it's mostly worked. :)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I tried a couple sites and never had any luck. Seems as if everyone I was interested in was waiting for Brad Pitt or Bono to call em up. The few that were interested in me were looking for a daddy to their 5 kids. I gave up. I'm destined to die a lonely bitter old man surrounded by guns and my Corgi.... :oldwise:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I've been on a few..

One, I ended up marrying, she went back to her ex while I was on active duty, spent all my hard earned money putting me a few grand in the hole.. all in all I waisted 7 years of my life with her and we just recently divorced. :noway:

Another woman wanted me to be the father of her two sons and wanted to move in with me 20 minutes after we met... We didn't even get our appetizer yet! :noway:

And the last one turned out to be a stalker calling me at all hours of the night. :noway:

The funny thing is I'm still trying :D

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Wife and I met in an aol chatroom that had weekly offline parties at a local bar. Been together since July 01 married in 03, still tickin each other off and loving it.lol

Most of the others were just doing the parking lot hook-ups, cheating or desperation. Don't know if any others from the old group stuck together since most were dramas waiting for the train wreck.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I met my husband online. He asked me to drive to Chicago with him for a concert he was throwing. He sent me a picture with a title that said "Just so you know I'm not a psycho", needless to say the picture made him look a little "rough". :) Being young and dumb, I sent him my address and told him to pick me up. I was 17, he was 27. The concert never happened as the police broke it up and the land owner backed on an hour before hand. We spent 4 days in Chicago and had the time of our lives. Been together ever since. Split up once for a month 5 years back. Hitting our 9 year mark in June and our 2 year wedding anniversary in August. Couldn't be happier with where we are.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Try a church singles group. Just an idea. I have dated a few times from online as well.:noway: I cant say I met all weirdos but I will just say they wernt my type. I also think timing is everything. Some are still buried or living in the past with a bad taste in their mouth. Stay away from those. They are takers and not givers. It really is hard to meet a good or nice guy or lady especially with no baggae sort of speak. The older one gets the harder it is too. If I had the good luck it takes I would be married by now also. All I can say is keep looking but dont settle for what you really dont want.

Top Bottom