Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Online dating?

User Info Menu

Online dating?

So I'm just curious how many INGOer's are on online dating websites? having any luck or more horror stories? I get mostly horror stories..though I did meet a fellow INGOer on one...lol.......
    -Lori-

Shooter

User Info Menu

A buddy of mine is involved in several but so far (2 years) has only met psychos! I'd like to know their (the psychos) side of the story having known him for quite awhile!

User Info Menu

I'm not on any, but I have 2 (male) friends who are, and neither of them have given the experience great reviews. They say that at best it can get you a few more introductions than you might normally get, but for the most part there's more success to be had in finding women via your hobbies and interests.
    Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under. -- H.L. Mencken

User Info Menu

my wife sent me a friend request on Myspace! We talked online for awhile before we met, started dating shortly after and married a year and half later... We are about 7 months in and expecting our first at the end of the year. I never put much stock in meeting someone online, but I wasn't really a bar go-er either.

Several of her friends had luck on eHarmony, several of my friends joined but no luck, met what are now friends but no one special. Haven't heard too many people that met from Match.com or other places.
    Jeremiah

User Info Menu

I did e|Harmony two different times; for a year each. I think I was on another "Christian" dating site for 6-7 months as well.

I had exactly two dates with 1 woman my 2nd go-'round with EH.

Turns out that I already knew my wife... Just finally decided to ask her out.

-J-

Oh, and OP, I'd love to hear some of your "horror" stories! hehe

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Guy_77 View Post
    Oh, and OP, I'd love to hear some of your "horror" stories! hehe
    careful what you wish for, lol......but I'll gladly share stories. A lot are creepy, some are sad....most are just funny
    -Lori-

User Info Menu

Bring it!

I love hearing about other peoples' dating problems. LOL

User Info Menu

I met my wife sort of "online dating."

It was back in 1993, though, and I ran a BBS (in Cali) of which she was a user (she in Michigan). We started chatting a lot, and, well, we're still together.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ljadayton View Post
    careful what you wish for, lol......but I'll gladly share stories. A lot are creepy, some are sad....most are just funny

spill it.

User Info Menu

lol, ok.....let's see, how to keep some of these INGO friendly......there are lots (LOTS) of guys who will express interest, then disappear....one messaged me the other day, hadn't heard from him in TWO months...but he wanted me to know he hadn't forgotten about me (whatever, lol)....or the guy who had a 2 hour conversation about his "size" or lack of....the one who accused me of cheating on him, BEFORE I had met him in person (I was cheating on him since I had a profile still up). This one also made mention of going to look at Jarrod's website (but said he was just joking, I didn't know him that well, that's not the right answer, lol). The one who said I wasn't interested in him because I have male friends on facebook and made comments on their pages......I'm sure I can think of more.....oh yeah, the guy that thought if our meet-lunch at Denny's went well it would mean we were in a relationship and you get certain privalages (sp?) when you're in a relationship.....
    -Lori-

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast