Offical 2010 BBQ Thread!!! Post your pics!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    Ill start. Heres pics from last weekend. 17 slabs.

CIMG1084.jpg

CIMG1085.jpg

CIMG1086.jpg

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    That was the first time we ever did a pig like that! The method dates back to 1600's and it's a pain in the butt. First it was way to big of piggy. Second, it was way to hard to control the temp and evenest of the heat! Third, It took about 15hours to cook.The Shoulders and center loins came out great. The rest needed some work. Overall it was fun to try and a great excuse to stay up all night and drink Beer.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Some good O'l smokin done over the past few months.
    1603.jpg

My cousin does a Hawaiian pig roast every other year, digs a pit fills it with a boat load of charcoal and large stones gets it going really good and drops in the pig wrapped in a ton of foil. I think about 8 hours later he pulls it out and it's fall of the bone moist.

Me I prefer St. Louis style ribs and Memorial day was my first attempt at cooking ribs and the results have me waiting and salivating for my second batch here in a couple of weeks. Below is my finished ribs on the grill.

Ribs1.jpg

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    Mmmmmmmmmmm anyone have plans for a DIY smoker setup? Have welder... kinda know how to use it even! ;)

I have a quick inexpensive one for a Ugly Drum Smoker! aka UDS. Kind of labor intense,but other wise a remarkable upright smoker. Look on youtube under Ugly Drum Smoker and you will see what I mean! Let me know, I have a full build sheet I can send you.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I made my first ribs of the season (and ever). They turned out surprisingly well. No Pics because they are in my belly now :)

These were 'wet', Next time I am trying a dry rub :)

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Quick question:

If once the internal temp of meat reaches 140 degrees the meat stops absorbing smoke, then why not just smoke the ribs for an hour or so, then just wrap them up in foil and toss them in the oven?

I've never tried it, but I'm curious if anyone else has and if they taste the same.

I'm asking, because I'm currently smoking ribs for later tonight, but it would be great if I didn't have to go out several times to keep adding wood chunks if they aren't even necessary.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Quick question:

If once the internal temp of meat reaches 140 degrees the meat stops absorbing smoke, then why not just smoke the ribs for an hour or so, then just wrap them up in foil and toss them in the oven?

I've never tried it, but I'm curious if anyone else has and if they taste the same.

I'm asking, because I'm currently smoking ribs for later tonight, but it would be great if I didn't have to go out several times to keep adding wood chunks if they aren't even necessary.

I'll be completely honest with when I say I have no idea. I know a lot about the science of BBQ, but I can't honestly answer the question. sorry.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'll be completely honest with when I say I have no idea. I know a lot about the science of BBQ, but I can't honestly answer the question. sorry.

I'll be able to answer it here in about an hour...I blasted the ribs with smoke for about 2+ hours @ around 220-230 degrees and now they've been in the oven @ 225 for about 90 minutes, with another 60 minutes to go.

If they suck(which I doubt), then I'll chalk it up as a mistake...If they are awesome, then I found a convenient way to cook a small amount of ribs.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    well I'll tell you what I tell my wife."her looking good isn't quick and neither is BBQ":):

LOL, that's freaking brutal...I want to wake up with all my parts, so I don't have the balls to say that.

:rofl:

I'm not speeding anything up, BTW...All I'm doing is cooking the ribs @ 225 in the oven for the remainder, instead of on the grill.

So far the convenience is awesome, but that delicious aroma coming from the oven is KILLING me.

Top Bottom