• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Anyone know of anywhere near Indy where they STOCK and a can TRY ON hunting boots in 12 EEEE or wider? And no, 13 EE are not wide enough.

Been to Gander Mountain, Dick's, Target, K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Sears, and called "The Shoe Fits" and the "New Balance Store" and they don't stock the size.

Must be waterproof, insulated and have good tread. Not looking for PAC boots, I already have some that fit. I have had a pair of Reeboks with tread that sucks for about 10 years and they are no longer waterproof and the insides are worn out and the soles are broken down.

I am not going to deal with mail order and pay for shipping 3 times before I can find anything that fits, regardless, I've been searching the internet for weeks and I can only find one place, Cabela's, that might even have the right size, and that's too far to drive to try on.

And no I can't afford $400 or more for custom made boots, the $169 they want at Cabela's is a real stretch.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Try Sportsmans Guide, they have a search feature where you can search by size and width.
    I know they have EEEE.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Zappos.com - Free Shipping and Shoes from Shoebuy.com - Free Shipping & Return Shipping have good selections and there is no charge for shipping. You can order several pairs, then send back those you don't like for whatever reason, since they comp the return shipping as well.

I've ordered boots of the same style in three different sizes before and then just returned the two that didn't fit.

Other mail order (but you have to pay for shipping):

Hitchcock - Wide Shoes for Men - Mens Wide Shoes, Extra Wide Shoes, EEEE, Orthopedic Shoes (Hitchcock Shoes)
    Men's and Women's brand name shoes available at bamason.com

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Nice find on the free shipping both ways. I should pick up a pair of boots since winter is right around the corner.

Now I just need to find a style I like, any recommendations?

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    The Rocky Boot Factory in Nelsonville, OH. Long drive but welllll worth it. I have bought my boots exclusively from them the past 20 years, and that is not because I stopped looking elsewhere. Quality, PRICE, and very large selection, they've got it all. My Dad's been shopping there for 50 years probably. Bought a pair of Cornstalkers there about 5 years ago that I still wear... and I paid $25 for them, no kidding (there was a small defect that didn't affect anything but cosmetic). Anyways, if you are heading that way, worth the stop.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Thansk, everyone! It looks like my post got lost in the crash.

I posted yesterday right after AFpilot.

But anyway to recap, I had been to most of those sites already, Spotsman's Guide, Zappo's, Hitchcock, nothing that is both waterproof and insulated, but I did check again. Rocky has nothing in 4E or wider. Red Wing (where my dad used to buy all his shoes in 6E width) hasn't made the wide widths for at least 12 years, except for a very few.

B.A. Mason has one style. B.A. Mason - on Fin & Feather Men's 9" Outdoor Boot

A quick google and I found shoemall.com had it $5 cheaper and free shipping, so I went ahead and placed the order. Crossing my fingers... but I don't have much hope.

The last time I was at Kohl's I tried on every pair of 4E shoes in the store (proabably 12-15 pairs), the widests they carry. Only one fit, but I was looking for running shoes.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    The boots came in from Shoemall.com today... I'm hopeful... got to get home and pull out some thick hunting socks.

This is the first pair of boot I've tried on in 10 years that wasn't too small!

Top Bottom