030733W_sm.gif

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I don't know how much credence to put to this, but my daughter works at a convenience store. She told me her boss thinks gas will go to $6.00/gallon today. I'm not sure if it will or won't... but I just got back from filling up. Then again, I needed gas anyway.

gas%20holdup190.jpg

Blessings,
    B​

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I don't know how much credence to put to this, but my daughter works at a convenience store. She told me her boss thinks gas will go to $6.00/gallon today. I'm not sure if it will or won't... but I just got back from filling up. Then again, I needed gas anyway.

gas%20holdup190.jpg

Blessings,
    B​

It already has gone to $6 in certain parts of Texas. That is because they are selling all their gas and will not be resupplied until after Ike. All of the sheeple didn't think that living near the coast in prime hurricane area would mean that it was a good idea to keep 20-30 gallons of spare gas around. :rolleyes:

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    It already has gone to $6 in certain parts of Texas. That is because they are selling all their gas and will not be resupplied until after Ike. All of the sheeple didn't think that living near the coast in prime hurricane area would mean that it was a good idea to keep 20-30 gallons of spare gas around. :rolleyes:

Preparedness? Don't be crazy! The Government will save me!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    My sister lives in S.C. She claimed last night that some stations were selling at >$7.00. I take that report with a certain amount of skepticism, but I have no particular reason to disbelieve her.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Well, it looks like they no longer have us in the path. I guess that means gas can go back down..... Yeh, like that's going to happen.

There very well may be a gas shortage for the short term. If enough people buy gas that they otherwise wouldn't, gas will be sold out. This is not a real supply problem (other than immediately next to the coast), but a hysteria demand problem.

Will all my vehicles topped, I could get by for 3 weeks without a fillup, and without changing things at all. Many people are like that, but will still hysterically buy gas, causing price spikes and shortages.

Makes me really scared how stupid they will act if there ever IS a serious widespread emergency...

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Oh they will..... eventually........ Take a number

TAKE-A-NUMBER-LG.jpg

If you have any problems waiting please feel free to take a number from their complaint department. Take your number and within a few seconds your problems will be over.

pyzamtakeanumber.jpg

:lol2: Exactly. I was being facetious. As a public employee, the thought of someone actually using the "I pay your salary" line drives me up a wall.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Filled up this afternoon, on US 31 (South side) for 3.81/gallon. Cheapest I've seen since before the "oh my gosh it's MotoGP weekend, we'd better raise gas prices" increases hit.

-J-

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Gas prices went as high as $4.69 in Henderson, KY this afternoon for awhile. Gas is usually about 10-20 cents cheaper over there than here in Evansville.

Top Bottom