The Printer Is Dying! Long Live the Printer!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I was printing some business cards about half an hour ago and my venerable HP DeskJet 990cse made an odd noise (like a spring "sproinging" and plastic breaking). At the same time, it threw a piece of a black plastic part from the front at me, and another piece fell sideways inside. Then another that was supposed to he held down (under spring tension) flipped "up" and wouldn't go down.

Methinks the ol' HP is on her last legs. On the bright side, I've long since lost track of the reams of paper that have been through her during her years of service. If I recall correctly, I purchased her on sale at STAPLES (with a coupon too!) back in 2001 or maybe early 2002. It was one of the first inkjet printers that printed on both sides of the paper, and I've printed countless thousands of double-sided pages over those years.

I was going to wait to get a new printer when I got my new computer and a broadband connection, but I don't think I can wait for that any longer.

Any suggestions?

I need something that prints on both sides, can do color, and can take a beating. I'm thinking something HPish, probably one of their current inkjets since color laser printers are too expensive to maintain and feed and some of the less expensive color laser printers are too, too slow (and don't print both sides).

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, wiseguys, eh???

Let's not forget that the broadband ain't happenin' until I get a new computer. I ain't getting a new computer until I can afford all the software I'm going to need. That ain't happening any time soon, and I ain't afraid to use "ain't" repeatedly in order to emphasize my point!

I'll probably go with whatever STAPLES has on sale that meets my needs.

Top Bottom