• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Is there a law Or statute in IN regarding the number of pets a couple can have in thier home & about thier property ?
    Basically, how many pets is too many ? Any IC would be helpfull .
    TIA

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't know of a state law, but many counties or towns have local ordinances. For instance, in Brownsburg:
    § 90.04 NUMBER OF CERTAIN ANIMALS RESTRICTED.

It is illegal and unlawful for any person, partnership, corporation or association to keep any of the following on any premises in the Town in numbers consisting of more than two (2) full-grown creatures and their immature offspring: chickens; turkeys; ducks; rabbits; hamsters; guinea pigs or geese.
    (Ord. 99-12, passed 9-9-99) Penalty, see § 90.99
    Stuff like this usually falls either under Health Codes or Zoning, though I found this one under "General".

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Don't know of a state law, but many counties or towns have local ordinances. For instance, in Brownsburg:
    Stuff like this usually falls either under Health Codes or Zoning, though I found this one under "General".
    Thank you sir....
    I am mostly interested in the ammount of dogs & cats in a residence, i will try to search my counties local ordinances .

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    SOME locales have instituted limits on the # of canines you can have without also having a "breeder's license".

Fat lot of help I am, though, because I can't remember the locations nor the max # of allowable dogs.

-J-

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Thank you sir....
    I am mostly interested in the ammount of dogs & cats in a residence, i will try to search my counties local ordinances .

Call the County Health Department and ask the Sanitarian. He should have the ordinance numbers. I think he only works part time though so he may be done for the day. Otherwise you can get them from the Auditor. I don't know them off the top of my head or have access except through the Auditor.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thank you sir....

Since you mentioned dogs.... From Indiana Code, you are a dog breeder if:
    IC 15-21-1-4
    "Commercial dog breeder"
    Effective 1-1-2010.

Sec. 4. "Commercial dog breeder" means a person who maintains more than twenty (20) unaltered female dogs that are at least twelve (12) months of age.
    As added by P.L.111-2009, SEC.4.
    And if you are, then there are new rules to follow.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I can't answer your question, but if own more then 3 or 4 house pets, you are starting to border on the "weird" zone(I'm talking about the furry ones that are allowed to roam the house freely, not ones inside a glass cage).

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can't answer your question, but if own more then 3 or 4 house pets, you are starting to border on the "weird" zone(I'm talking about the furry ones that are allowed to roam the house freely, not ones inside a glass cage).

<-------- 5

Although all together they weigh less than 30 lbs. (smallest of which fully grown is 2.8 lbs.)

One is handicapped. We like to think of him as handicapable.

Now, would you label me as bordering on "weird"?

:D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    <-------- 5

Although all together they weigh less than 30 lbs. (smallest of which fully grown is 2.8 lbs.)

One is handicapped. We like to think of him as handicapable.

Now, would you label me as bordering on "weird"?

:D

***Glances over at Printcraft's Av and clears throat***

Do you honestly want me to answer that question?:laugh:

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    My buddy works for animal control. In residential community's in the state of IN, the # is 5 total and that includes cats and dogs. Unless the home owners association states other wise.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My buddy works for animal control. In residential community's in the state of IN, the # is 5 total and that includes cats and dogs. Unless the home owners association states other wise.

That's weird that the number is so vague...5 cats is NOT the same as having say, 5 Caucasian shepherds.

If anyone doesn't know what that is, let me give you a few examples.

743.jpg

holycrapdog1.jpg

caucasian_mountain_dog.png

Not your everyday Yorkie or Chihuahua.:):

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I want a puppy version of the lion in the first picture. That thing is AWESOME.

Could you imagine the mess a burglar would make in his pants if he broke into your house and saw that thing barreling down the hallway at him?

That would be so worth it! I'd like to see one of these in person. Need to find a breeder around here.

Top Bottom