Lots of ammo, powder & primers still in stock!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Now that we have gotten a bunch of shipments in and are getting more every day, I am lifting all quantity restrictions on ammunition and reloading supplies (I still have a 4 case limit on MREs, but that's all). I reserve the right to implement quantity restrictions again in the future if necessary.

I currently have in stock almost all the same types of powder that I usually carry (the only 2 I can think of that we are currently out of are Varget and H335, I have both on back order). We will probably run out of CFE 223 in the next couple weeks.

Lots of primers still in stock and more coming in a couple weeks.

Since we are currently not doing any gun shows, I have been pulling product from the gun show inventory to restock the store. We also still have a sizable amount of extra stock in storage, but it won't last forever. I'm down to less than 1,800# of powder and less than 450,000 primers in storage (other than what we have in the store).

Lots of ammunition in stock and shipments arriving daily. We also have several hundred cases of ammo and lots of powder, primers, brass, bullets & presses arriving in about 2 weeks (Mid April).

In addition to other things, we currently have:

7.62x39
    7.62x54R
    .30-30
    .30-06
    .300 Blackout (limited quantities)

.22 LR
    .22 Mag
    9mm

and much more (I just listed the calibers I get asked about the most, we have lots more in stock). Most calibers we have multiple types available (FMJ, HP, different bullet weights and types, etc.).

Feel free to call the store if you are looking for something specific, we can hold it for you. We can also bring it to your vehicle in the parking lot if you do not wish to enter the store.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Thank you for the kind words!
    It hasn't been easy, but I'm trying to keep as many items in stock as possible at reasonable prices. The wholesale prices of ammunition have been going up, but I'm still finding a few good deals on some things. I haven't raised prices on powder or primers yet, but looking at the invoice for the next shipment coming in, I know that a few things will be going up a little bit when it gets here. I'm only raising my prices when my replacement costs goes up.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I'm not sure how, but I've managed to keep a pretty steady stream of ammunition, powder and primers coming in. At the rate it's selling, it hasn't been easy. Another pallet coming in by Wednesday, May 15th. We still have almost everything in stock and more on the way!

dsol

Master
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Dammit! I got all excited when I saw your address, then realized it said GreenTOWN instead of GreenVILLE which is down my way in Southern Indiana. I thought for a second I was missing out on a surplus place near me...

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Lots of ammunition and reloading components came in this morning.

Finally got some Varget. I still have a bunch more on backorder but some is better than none I suppose, I'm sure it won't last long.

Same story with 9mm. Got some more in but it's still selling as fast as I get it. I don't think that I have completely run out at any time but I've come close.

Lots of new dies, presses, tumblers, scales, etc.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    3 more pallets of ammunition, gunpowder, primers, brass, bullets, presses, dies, magazines, etc. came in Friday morning. I don't have everything on the shelves yet, but I'm working on it.

We have a limited amount of small pistol primers. To prevent people from buying them all and reselling them on Gunbroker for over $200 per 1,000 and to ensure all of our customers have a chance to get a few, we are limiting small pistol primers to 300 PER CUSTOMER. They are $4.68 plus tax per 100.

We still have a good variety of other primers with the exception of small rifle (we are sold out of those). Prices on large rifle, large pistol and 209 primers are the same as they have been. I can't currently replace them, but we had a good supply before the panic started.

We still have thousands of pounds of gunpowder (I've actually been getting a pretty steady stream of most powders) at the same prices as last year with the exception of a couple that went up a buck or 2 due to manufacturer price increases.

Most ammunition is still available. I have a huge supply of 12 gauge and .22 magnum. I have a decent amount of most semi-common calibers. Prices on ammunition I can still get from normal sources at normal prices are the same as they were last year.

Like everyone else, I've had trouble keeping .223, 5.56 and 9mm in stock (.308 and 7.62x39 have also become difficult to procure recently). The prices I've been paying for these hard to find calibers is becoming ridiculous, and the retail price reflects that. I base my prices on what I have to pay to replace it. Distributors are charging more, placing limits, and some are even going so far as to require the purchase of hard to sell items to get high demand items (at inflated prices).

I've never seen anything like this, and I've been doing this for almost 25 years.

Even with everything going on, I still have lots of ammo, powder, primers and magazines in stock!

If anyone is looking for something specific, let me know. If I don't have it, I'll order it if I can. I try to answer messages quickly, but I have a hectic schedule so it doesn't always happen as fast as I'd like. If you live far away, I can bring items to you at any gun show promoted by Central Indiana Gun Shows (with the exception of Evansville), I just need to know a few days in advance. I routinely deliver items to customers at gun shows and I don't charge anything extra for this service.

Top Bottom