Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Renewing/Applying for LTCH...

How big of a hassle is it to renew/apply for a permit in Marion county? I need to renew and my wife wants to apply (finally). I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions to make it go smoother.

User Info Menu

I need to apply too, I found this resource that looks pretty valuable.

How to Apply for a Lifetime License to Carry a Handgun in Indiana - wikiHow

User Info Menu

Thread moved and stuck since this is a pretty frequent question.

Slacker, excellent find!!
    Epilepsy is underfunded and under-researched, but seizures kill more people than breast cancer does each year.

Have a question? Check out the INGO FAQ: http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...qs_sticky.html

User Info Menu

FYI, I think that might be a little outdated and possibly some incorrect info could be provided as well. Just two things I noticed:
    1. You are not required to list a reason anymore, just a type of license you want.
    2. It mentions that you are licensed to carry concealed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

Originally Posted by badwolf.usmc http://ingunowners.com/forums/images...s/viewpost.gif
    Be a man and stand up for what you believe, if not then sit down and STFU.

Shooter

User Info Menu

I do permit apps for my jurisdiction. Send a PM and I'll send a phone # if you like, to answer ?.s.

User Info Menu

How Long

I live in Missouri and have a CCW, We are planning to move to Indiana next summer "Madison" and was wondering how long do you have to live
    in Indiana before you can apply for the lifetime carry permit? I still have
    2 years left on the Mo. before I would have to get it renewed. Thanks

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhi43@kc.rr.com View Post
    I live in Missouri and have a CCW, We are planning to move to Indiana next summer "Madison" and was wondering how long do you have to live
    in Indiana before you can apply for the lifetime carry permit? I still have
    2 years left on the Mo. before I would have to get it renewed. Thanks
    I can't find anything in the handgun licensing code. I would take that to mean you just have to prove residency (IN drivers license, utility bill, etc.)

Meh.

User Info Menu

IC 9-13-2-78
    Indiana resident

Sec. 78. "Indiana resident" refers to a person who is one (1) of the following:
    (1) A person who has been living in Indiana for at least one hundred eighty-three (183) days during a calendar year and who has a legal residence in another state. However, the term does not include a person who has been living in Indiana for any of the following purposes:
    (A) Attending a postsecondary educational institution.
    (B) Serving on active duty in the armed forces of the United States.
    (2) A person who is living in Indiana if the person has no other legal residence.

(3) A person who is registered to vote in Indiana.

(4) A person who has a child enrolled in an elementary or a secondary school located in Indiana.

(5) A person who has more than one-half (1/2) of the person's gross income (as defined in Section 61 of the Internal Revenue Code) derived from sources in Indiana using the provisions applicable to determining the source of adjusted gross income that are set forth in IC 6-3-2-2. However, a person who is considered a resident under this subdivision is not a resident if the person proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the person is not a resident under subdivisions (1) through (4).

(6) A person who:
    (A) is enrolled as a student of a truck driver training school;
    (B) has legal residence in another state but is living in Indiana temporarily for the express purpose of taking a course of study from the truck driver training school; and
    (C) intends to return to the person's state of residence upon completion of the course of study of the truck driver training school.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.188-2006, SEC.2; P.L.2-2007, SEC.139.

User Info Menu

kwhi43@kc.rr.com

Oh and WELCOME to Indiana and the forum

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AFA1CY View Post
    IC 9-13-2-78
    Ah, thank you. I knew in the back of my head that there was a 6 month clause, but I couldn't find anything to back it up. Note that (2) says you can be a legal resident without having the 6 months in.

Meh.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast