• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    FYI, I think that might be a little outdated and possibly some incorrect info could be provided as well. Just two things I noticed:
    1. You are not required to list a reason anymore, just a type of license you want.
    2. It mentions that you are licensed to carry concealed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Kansas City Mo
    How Long

I live in Missouri and have a CCW, We are planning to move to Indiana next summer "Madison" and was wondering how long do you have to live
    in Indiana before you can apply for the lifetime carry permit? I still have
    2 years left on the Mo. before I would have to get it renewed. Thanks

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I live in Missouri and have a CCW, We are planning to move to Indiana next summer "Madison" and was wondering how long do you have to live
    in Indiana before you can apply for the lifetime carry permit? I still have
    2 years left on the Mo. before I would have to get it renewed. Thanks

I can't find anything in the handgun licensing code. I would take that to mean you just have to prove residency (IN drivers license, utility bill, etc.)

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    IC 9-13-2-78
    Indiana resident

Sec. 78. "Indiana resident" refers to a person who is one (1) of the following:
    (1) A person who has been living in Indiana for at least one hundred eighty-three (183) days during a calendar year and who has a legal residence in another state. However, the term does not include a person who has been living in Indiana for any of the following purposes:
    (A) Attending a postsecondary educational institution.
    (B) Serving on active duty in the armed forces of the United States.
    (2) A person who is living in Indiana if the person has no other legal residence.

(3) A person who is registered to vote in Indiana.

(4) A person who has a child enrolled in an elementary or a secondary school located in Indiana.

(5) A person who has more than one-half (1/2) of the person's gross income (as defined in Section 61 of the Internal Revenue Code) derived from sources in Indiana using the provisions applicable to determining the source of adjusted gross income that are set forth in IC 6-3-2-2. However, a person who is considered a resident under this subdivision is not a resident if the person proves by a preponderance of the evidence that the person is not a resident under subdivisions (1) through (4).

(6) A person who:
    (A) is enrolled as a student of a truck driver training school;
    (B) has legal residence in another state but is living in Indiana temporarily for the express purpose of taking a course of study from the truck driver training school; and
    (C) intends to return to the person's state of residence upon completion of the course of study of the truck driver training school.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.1. Amended by P.L.188-2006, SEC.2; P.L.2-2007, SEC.139.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IC 9-13-2-78

Ah, thank you. I knew in the back of my head that there was a 6 month clause, but I couldn't find anything to back it up. Note that (2) says you can be a legal resident without having the 6 months in.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Since you still have to visit the law enforcement agency to be fingerprinted and pay your fee I don't see much of an advantage to the online application.

Marion county no longer requires the form to be typewritten.

I went on Tuesday morning a couple of weeks ago and it only took me 15 minutes to fill out the application and do the fingerprinting thing.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    Just applied today in Marion, 6-8 people in line

Lots of people getting their firearms licenses. This was in Marion County.

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Is the state fee on the Wiki site still correct? ie $75 ($60 if you have a current license) Made payable to: State of Indiana?

Also does it have to be a cashiers check or will a money order work?

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I paid with two money orders. One for $50 to the IMPD (I live in Indy) and the other was $75 to the state.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Do not arrive at city-county around 1pm on Tuesdays. Jury trials are going on and jurors/spectators are returning from lunch at 1pm. It took me about 15mins to get in the building yesterday.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    Has anyone used the online app for Marion county? I would like to go the week after Thanksgiving but don't know that I would have time for the whole typed and notorized BS, it would be much easier just to show up, get finger printed, pay up and get out.

Top Bottom