• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Ok I have been on the fence with OC vrs. CC. I have no problem how anyone chooses to carry. I just have not commited to OC...yet. The thing is I seldom see anyone OCing in Anderson. In 2 years I have seen OC maybe twice. Last night I noticed an OC and I got to thinking (I know dangerous for me to do). Lets see just how common OC is with 10,000 members observing. This not an OC vrs CC debate thread, find ATM he will show you the way to that one. :D

Time and Date
    Place
    Anything other observations (well dresses, no holster.,..ect)

If you know who it was keep that info to yourself. If that person happens to be an INGO member then they can claim the OC if they wish.

I will start, like I said I just don't see much in Anderson

Last night Sept 9 around 6:00pm
    Anderson - Kroger on 29th Street
    Customer just conversing with a vendor causully dressed.

Last edited:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I have only seen ONE other OCer... (Well, besides meeting up with fellow INGOers.)

It was at the Lowe's at 86th and Michigan.

I guess it was semi OC because he was sporting a Glock in a Serpa :rockwoot:, but had it covered by his shirt. He was just wearing a t-shirt and cargo pants. The only reason I saw it was because he was parked in front of me in the parking lot and when he was loading up his truck his shirt raised up....

....when I noticed IT I panicked and squeeled rubber all the way out of the lot.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I have only seen ONE other OCer... (Well, besides meeting up with fellow INGOers.)

It was at the Lowe's at 86th and Michigan.

I guess it was semi OC because he was sporting a Glock in a Serpa :rockwoot:, but had it covered by his shirt. He was just wearing a t-shirt and cargo pants. The only reason I saw it was because he was parked in front of me in the parking lot and when he was loading up his truck his shirt raised up....

....when I noticed IT I panicked and squeeled rubber all the way out of the lot.

Sounds like a CC gone wrong :D

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I've only seen two OCers.

Spring 2010
    In NewCastle on my way out to WW
    OCer was riding a harley

Summer 2010
    On my way out to Bradis
    OCer was riding a crotch rocket... was really trying to CC, but is shirt was blowing up clearly revealing his OWB glock. He pulled his shirt down at each stoplight to ensure he was "still" "covered".

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Southport and Emerson Chick-fil-A yesterday. I was so scared:nailbite:. Probably a cop, he had a detectives belly:laugh:. In the last two years I only remember 2 ocs and nobody seemed to be the least bit concerned.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Two in one day. I was at CVS and saw a guy that looked like a detective. He was dressed nice in khaki pants and a white button up. He also had a radio on his right side, side arm was on his left. I think he noticed me OC"ng first cause I had to walk up to were he was at the isle for some alieve. I didn't notice his side arm at first cause it was on the other side of him just noticed the radio. Then as he was walking past I saw his sidearm. He didn't say anything just went about his buisness. Then at a restuarant I usually go to The Tye Dye place on shadeland. The owner/cook always OCs a 1911.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Might have been me, what color was the bike?

The bike was black and chrome.

Funny about the "might have been me"... I was thinking the same thing about the 86th and Michigan Lowes sighting. I carry a glock in an OWB serpa, cargo pants, t-shirt... what color was the truck? :dunno:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

Funny about the "might have been me"... I was thinking the same thing about the 86th and Michigan Lowes sighting. I carry a glock in an OWB serpa, cargo pants, t-shirt... what color was the truck? :dunno:

Black Avalanche.

Black guy.......and he had a HOT wife.

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home

I ride a black Softail custom, carry a Glock on my right side, and my mothers grave is in south mound in New Castle. I have seen very few Black Harleys around here besides mine. Probably was me.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Last year
    local big r
    jeans, tucked in shirt, fullsize gun at 3 o'clock ish
    from a distance so I didn't get any specifics...

Couple months ago
    family video
    off duty cop I know, had a badge next to his gun.

Both in crawfordsville

Only 2 times that I can recall aside from gun shows/shops

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Last fall - Long John Silvers in Brownsburg. Guy with his family. We both were open-carrying. Just a friendly nod from both of us, and back to our dinners.

I've seen quite a few plain-clothes (on or off duty) officers, and a few poor attempts at CC. Not many OC sightings at all.

Only about 9% of the population over 18 has their LTCH, and only a fraction of those OC. I don't suspect we'll see too many out and about.

cak387

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Kokomo
    Mid July 2010
    Mississinewa Dam fishing just past the spillway
    Black tanktop tucked into either camo cargo shorts or pants, black thigh holster.

This was my first ever OC encounter, and I was CC because of the reservoir being ACoE property.

KEHO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Noblesville
    Only one recently:

June of 2010
    Tijuana Flats 96th St Fishers
    Looked to be a 1911 Style IWB with shirt tucked in behind it. So 1/2 OC, I guess. The gentleman was having dinner with his daughter.

Top Bottom