• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I don't like to complain too much about things, but this just got me fired up. I was at the Crystal Flash on Oaklandon and Pendleton Pike last Monday. Been going there for three years just about everyday, I know all the employees on name basis and they know me and what I do for a living and they don't mind having me OC in the store.

Well, I'm on my way to New Castle to test out my new compensator on my .45 and have it on my hip.
    I stop to get some gas and a drink and leave, was there maybe two minutes. I stopped at the family video just up the road to drop off Eastbound and Down(f'n hilarious btw)

So I pull in to the parking lot and start to send a text to my buddy so I was looking down when I heard the distinct sound of metal on glass. At the same time I hear "PUT YOUR HANDS OUT THE WINDOW! NOW!" I look in my mirror and see a man in street clothes has a glock pointed at the back of my head. I start to reach for my pistol and then I see a uniformed LPD officer off my drivers side. I immediately reassess the situation and complied. He walked up and asked if I had any weapons, to which I told him "yes, I have a legally owned pistol on my hip and a shotgun in the back seat". My hands were sticking out the window and the officer thells me to get out. So I go to open the door from the outside and he grabs both my hands by the wrists and opens the door.

Next thing I know he slams me against the roof of my truck and just about breaks my CQC holster ripping it off my side. The plainclothes guy comes around and tells me someone called about a guy with a gun and begins to hassle me for ID. I began to ask why they didnt pull me over on the street (there was a crowd gathering at the small town video store where they know me) and ask for my LTCH. The guy told me to calm down. Well then the uni begins to ask why I'm carrying such a "large gun" and that I can't just carry out in the open. I about shat myself at the audacity of this guy. I told him that the LTCH is just that and that I can carry in whatever manner I see fit. He yelled at me to drop the attitude? and then he calls for backup when I tell him it's BS lol. Three off duty SWAT officers show up. One sees my .45 on the hood and goes"JESUS CHRIST". Bout that time I realized I had been smart and held my phone when they ripped me out and called my dad and told him where I was and what was happening (smart move I think)

One of the SGTs that came out knew me and was like "wtf are you doing?" and I told him what happened and what this POS cop told me. He looked at the guy and called him a moron and then THEN the uni handed me my weapon and holster back WITH THE BULLETS!!! Normally I ould put them in the back of the car but man this guy.

Should I file a complaint or just let it drop?

P.S a week later I found out that some little short guy asked the guy at the gas station if I was a cop, and he told the little guy that I did security and all kinds of stuff and he was like "this is BS, he shouldnt be allowed to do that even if he has a badge" W T F

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I guess so lol. I mean it's not nearly as large as, let's say a S&W 629, but it's a full size 1911 and the comp adds about an inch. At least I didn't have a 10rd mag jutting out of the bottom!

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That is total BS... Glad you had that SGT buddy before things got worse.

I would *most defiantely* file a complaint... In person, try to get your SGT buddy to schedule a meeting with someone who won't just round file your report.

That really makes me upset.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    I would file a complaint. It's the only way to educate the LEO's in that area what the law is. Good luck.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I would file on tis one. Based on your account, they acted quite harshly and the first command did not identify himself as a LEO. Had you not been able to see the UNI officer this might have gone completely wrong, for all the wrong reasons.

I'm curious, was this the Lawrence PD handling this one?

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Also you said you will never OC around there again? That's exactly what they want. I would be back there the next day again. Maybe with one on each hip for good measure.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    file a complaint. file charges. file a lawsuit. call a press conference, etc, etc, ect. these are the exact cops we need to get fired and make an example of. Please pursue this. I feel your pain, but man I wish this would happen to me just once so I could let my lawyer run with it.

If nothing else i would take pictures of these thugs and circulate a flyer warning Americans of these oppressive police.

Top Bottom