• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    I've been thinking about these for a while. Badges that resemble a law enforcement officer's, that say something to the effect of "Concealed Carry Permit".

Now first of all I am curious as to how many, if any, people use these and with what reasoning. I read on many forums that these are usually frowned upon and unnecessary.

I guess my opinion is that they are worthless. If you are CCing, then no one should be aware of it anyways. If you are OCing, then you shouldn't flash a badge around, I think it would actually attract more attention then you want.

If I am in a situation where I have to defend myself, I see no reason to need a badge to show law enforcement. I would be the one to contact the authorities and I wouldn't need to show a badge to begin with. I would not have my weapon drawn while in the presence of an officer and I most certainly keep my hands empty. I mean, after a shooting officers will be on edge. Don't do anything that might make their jobs more difficult.

Tell me what you all think. I want to hear from those who carry and if it has ever had a positive effect on any situation.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I carry two of them. One in the wallet and one on my belt. I've thought about getting one of those badge holders that hangs on a chain but haven't got around to it.

I've found that it helps to put people right at ease when they see my badge. Not to mention all the discounts I've received from stores when they see my badge. Usually when a LEO sees it they are cool. I say get one. It's like have a sign over your head that says "good guy".

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Sounds like buckets full of terrible to me, unless one really wanted to be charged with impersonating an officer. You should only be flashing a badge if you are issued one by the government.

If you really want to play dress up that bad, make sure you get one of these too:

940715_v1.jpg

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    I own a cc badge, but only because it was a gift from a gunstore owner. The day he gave me one he also gave my father one stating,"when you OC in public and someone sees that badge they won't give it a second thought". Well since I only OC when only on the farm I have never worn it or even thought to. However, my single father has been known to flash his badge inside his coat pocket (where he keeps it) to get into certain clubs w/out paying a cover charge, he never claims to be L.E.O.. :dunno:

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I myself do not own one nor will I . But CCW badges could be great for opening up conversations. In fact they have been discussed oh here quite a few times. If a person was to wear one in public I think they would start some interesting conversations. But perhaps none that the wearer would like to engage in.:twocents:

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I carry two of them. One in the wallet and one on my belt. I've thought about getting one of those badge holders that hangs on a chain but haven't got around to it.

I've found that it helps to put people right at ease when they see my badge. Not to mention all the discounts I've received from stores when they see my badge. Usually when a LEO sees it they are cool. I say get one. It's like have a sign over your head that says "good guy".
    ummmm, was this suppose to be in purple? :dunno:

In my personal opinion the badges are worthless and just another marketing gimmick to get a select handful of people to buy meaningless junk. From my experience, the people that buy these are also the same people that buy all the "as seen on tv" crap at the register while checking out at the grocery store. :twocents:

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    IMHO These things are for posers. They carry no value to anyone unless the person thinks they need to look important. Anyone can buy a badge that says anything you want. The ID is what counts. :twocents:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    ummmm, was this suppose to be in purple? :dunno:

In my personal opinion the badges are worthless and just another marketing gimmick to get a select handful of people to buy meaningless junk. From my experience, the people that buy these are also the same people that buy all the "as seen on tv" crap at the register while checking out at the grocery store. :twocents:
    Hey now the pan that makes individual brownies kicks butt!!!! I do buy some As seen on TV crap but would never buy a CC Badge so you take that back comparing me to them...:):

Top Bottom