Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Concealed Carry Badge

I've been thinking about these for a while. Badges that resemble a law enforcement officer's, that say something to the effect of "Concealed Carry Permit".

Now first of all I am curious as to how many, if any, people use these and with what reasoning. I read on many forums that these are usually frowned upon and unnecessary.

I guess my opinion is that they are worthless. If you are CCing, then no one should be aware of it anyways. If you are OCing, then you shouldn't flash a badge around, I think it would actually attract more attention then you want.

If I am in a situation where I have to defend myself, I see no reason to need a badge to show law enforcement. I would be the one to contact the authorities and I wouldn't need to show a badge to begin with. I would not have my weapon drawn while in the presence of an officer and I most certainly keep my hands empty. I mean, after a shooting officers will be on edge. Don't do anything that might make their jobs more difficult.

Tell me what you all think. I want to hear from those who carry and if it has ever had a positive effect on any situation.
    SSG Wu

US Army Recruiter

If you have questions about service, let me know. ALL THE WAY!

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !

User Info Menu

This will be good...
    VUPDblue's Rule #1: Don't be a jerk.

Marion County Fish and Game.Central Indiana's best shooting
    sports facility!

Rules of the INGO Classifieds

INGO rules of conduct

INGO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by VUPDblue View Post
    This will be good...

User Info Menu

Didn't Dredd have one of those?
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

They are retarded. With my luck I'd be arrested for impersonating a police officer.

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    Didn't Dredd have one of those?
    His mommy found it and took it.

User Info Menu

I carry two of them. One in the wallet and one on my belt. I've thought about getting one of those badge holders that hangs on a chain but haven't got around to it.

I've found that it helps to put people right at ease when they see my badge. Not to mention all the discounts I've received from stores when they see my badge. Usually when a LEO sees it they are cool. I say get one. It's like have a sign over your head that says "good guy".
    When in doubt, JFC.

User Info Menu

PRINTCRAFT!!!!! We need the CC Badge pic!!!!!

User Info Menu

TEIN!
    IWTFM Eternal vigilance is the price of chickens. JFC advocate.

User Info Menu

Sounds like buckets full of terrible to me, unless one really wanted to be charged with impersonating an officer. You should only be flashing a badge if you are issued one by the government.

If you really want to play dress up that bad, make sure you get one of these too:

User Info Menu

I own a cc badge, but only because it was a gift from a gunstore owner. The day he gave me one he also gave my father one stating,"when you OC in public and someone sees that badge they won't give it a second thought". Well since I only OC when only on the farm I have never worn it or even thought to. However, my single father has been known to flash his badge inside his coat pocket (where he keeps it) to get into certain clubs w/out paying a cover charge, he never claims to be L.E.O..

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast