• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    I know I do not have to notify in Indy, but being an Ohioan, I did instinctively. The officer calmly rephrased what I had just said "So, you have a license and a loaded weapon on you?". I agreed that I did in fact. Then he says "I want you to take it out of the holster and hand it to me butt first"..... Ok, I don't know about you guys (and girls) but I'm not about to reach for my gun when there is a cop at my car door. I said "I would rather step out of the vehicle and let you disarm me, I'm not comfortable reaching for it". He then steps back, grabs his weapon (causing traffic in both directions to come to a screeching halt) and said "I've got you covered, take the gun out of the holster and hand it to me".... I about fell out! I'm sure I turned white. I agreed that I would do so, and damn near dropped it pulling it out of my holster. The people in the stopped cars were just terrified. So, he takes my pistol and goes back to his car and writes me a speeding ticket and as he is walking back from his car to me, he has my ticket in one hand and my pistol in the other. The stopped traffic all started backing up thinking he was going to shoot me. And they completely flipped when he handed it to me. I seriously thought things were about to go really really bad. Came home, changed shorts, hired an upholsterer to fix the hole in the seat of the car.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Holy cow, sorry to hear you had a bad experience here, rather unusually for an officer to freak out that much! Glad you and the officer are safe.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Worthless turd. That is all I can say. If I were you I would immediately without hesitation contact his Chief and have a one-to-one with him. Things like this get people killed. That cop needs to find another job his lady-boy a** can handle...

INGunGuy

zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    No sticker on the car, I drive a pretty nice car so he did not immediately assume I was a thug, I present myself well so I saw no reason for him to react that way. I will be contacting his superior about this as I honestly felt that he was setting me up to shoot me. I've never had anything like this happen to me. I'll not be doing a "courtesy notification" ... ever. It honestly scared me to death.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Why didn't you take it out of your holster and hand it to him butt first? If you were going go surrender your weapon do as you are asked. Was there a tone to your voice? Two sides to every story.

zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    I said to him, "I am not comfortable reaching for a gun while you are standing here at my door. I would prefer to step out and have you disarm me". Nothing but polite professionalism in my tone.

zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    We have quite a few Fishers officers on INGO, this may get interesting.

I hope he's on here. He was polite and professional up to the point where he reached for his gun and basically ordered me to hand over my weapon (which I think disarming me is borderline illegal) and basically gave me the impression that he was going to shoot me. I have never been through anything like this before. I honestly thought he was setting me up to shoot me.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Why didn't you take it out of your holster and hand it to him butt first? If you were going go surrender your weapon do as you are asked. Was there a tone to your voice? Two sides to every story.

I will never take my weapon out of my holster and hand it to an officer. If he wants it, then I will willingly allow him to take it. If that means cuffs, so be it. The OP admitted he just about dropped his gun. If he would have, and the gun discharged, do you think the officer would have been understanding?

My gun is safest in my holster. I'm not handling it unless I'm putting it away or defending myself. Period.

zecho

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Columbus OH
    I will never take my weapon out of my holster and hand it to an officer. If he wants it, then I will willingly allow him to take it. If that means cuffs, so be it. The OP admitted he just about dropped his gun. If he would have, and the gun discharged, do you think the officer would have been understanding?

My gun is safest in my holster. I'm not handling it unless I'm putting it away or defending myself. Period.

Exactly!

Top Bottom