• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    Murphy was arrested on preliminary charges of possession of a handgun with out a permit, pointing a firearm, criminal recklessness with a firearm and public intoxication.
    He didn't have a license?
    I see the license requirement as an infringement on my 2nd amendment rights just as many here do.
    But, this being Indiana, we all at least try to follow the law.
    Anyone flashing a handgun around in Indiana without a license to carry should go straight to jail just for being stupid. IMHO

Yes, Stupid should be a jailable offense. :D
    It would be like preventative justice.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    At least he did not have a license/permit. The Violency Policy Center attempts to track instances where people with valid gun permits have committed crimes. They release an annual report of them. The idea is "see look, these people had a permit to carry a gun, and look what they did - this is why no one should be allowed to get a carry permit" - always something along those lines. It's always better for us if they could not or did not get a permit in the first place...

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    :laugh:What an ritard...Sounds like he was trying to be all bad***, instead he was being a dumb** and went to jail for it!:laugh:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    He didn't have a license?
    I see the license requirement as an infringement on my 2nd amendment rights just as many here do.
    But, this being Indiana, we all at least try to follow the law.
    Anyone flashing a handgun around in Indiana without a license to carry should go straight to jail just for being stupid. IMHO

Yes, Stupid should be a jailable offense. :D
    It would be like preventative justice.

:yesway: precisely!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Later, according to the bartender, he pulled the gun out again and laid it on the counter with the barrel pointed toward her.

The defense is obvious--have the defendant show up in an IMPD uniform and tell the judge that he thought the bartender was Kirk Freeman with coffee.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Too bad she wasn't armed. Drunk guy pulls out a gun, points it at you, and asks if it makes you nervous... :dunno:

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    The gun is always the center of the story, of course, with any media report. The fact is that if anyone should attempt to bring this up to me I would be happy to point out this fellow should no more reflect poorly on legal, sensible gun owners than drunk drivers reflect on the driving public at large, forgers reflect on graphic artists, bombers reflect on quarrymen, and purse snatchers reflect on sprinters.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    This kind of person makes it hard on law abiding, legal and sensible firearms people: <http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/jail-time-for-gun-wielding-man>

Anyone can own or carry a gun. There is no real community of "gun owners". Some people shoot for sport, some people hunt, some people carry for self-defense, and some people collect. Sure, each one of these involves a gun, but it doesn't mean we have a united community of gun owners where we're all law abiding citizens and guys like this are the outcast.

This was simply an idiot with a firearm. He could have just as easily pointed a car at someone, revved the engine, and asked if it made her nervous. It doesn't matter what tool he was abusing. I don't see how it makes "us" look bad, because there is no "us". The entire United States is a community of gun owners, because we all have the right to keep and bear arms.

Why do you think that this makes "us" look bad?

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Anyone can own or carry a gun. There is no real community of "gun owners". Some people shoot for sport, some people hunt, some people carry for self-defense, and some people collect. Sure, each one of these involves a gun, but it doesn't mean we have a united community of gun owners where we're all law abiding citizens and guys like this are the outcast.

This was simply an idiot with a firearm. He could have just as easily pointed a car at someone, revved the engine, and asked if it made her nervous. It doesn't matter what tool he was abusing. I don't see how it makes "us" look bad, because there is no "us". The entire United States is a community of gun owners, because we all have the right to keep and bear arms.

Why do you think that this makes "us" look bad?

It makes "us" look bad, because the Liberals who want to control our lives (what's liberal about that, by the way?) can't tell "us" from "them".

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    The gun is always the center of the story, of course, with any media report. The fact is that if anyone should attempt to bring this up to me I would be happy to point out this fellow should no more reflect poorly on legal, sensible gun owners than drunk drivers reflect on the driving public at large, forgers reflect on graphic artists, bombers reflect on quarrymen, and purse snatchers reflect on sprinters.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

Yes, but that is logical....we wouldn't want the media using logic...that would be silly

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    It makes "us" look bad, because the Liberals who want to control our lives (what's liberal about that, by the way?) can't tell "us" from "them".

:rolleyes:

The conservatives want to control our lives, too. It's just different aspects of our lives they want to control (& ironically, MANY of the same).

And, FWIW, that is EXACTLY what conservatism is all about - controlling the masses so that everything stays the same as it has been. You know, "conserving" traditions & all. Conservatism isn't all that the conservatives try to make it out to be.

Personally knowing the liberals & conservatives that I do, if I had to make a choice, I'd MUCH rather live in a liberal utopia than a conservative one.

thekuhnburger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Ooooh, good intelligent comeback. I hope it didn't take you too long to form that opinion into words. :rolleyes: You wouldn't want to burn out any brain cells.

I didn't want to turn this thread into a debate on political ideology. There is another forum for that. I'm obviously not going to change your mind anyway. I'm guessing you're an "independent thinker" and "don't believe in party politics". That's fine, next time I will use a more complex vocabulary so that I can get on your level of higher intelligence, but I think I've had enough for one thread.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    As Ron white would say "he didn't want to be drunk in public, he wanted to be drunk in the bar the police took him into "public"."

You Can't fix stupid. at least he didn't have a license.

Top Bottom