• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know this makes me less than cool as the new hotness is to assure shooters that guns do not go off unless people have their "booger hook on the bang switch" or what they hip, trendy saying is with you kids.

Remember, every time you load, every time you unload, and everytime you sit down or move, the weapon can discharge.

INGO, check your gear, quality holsters and belts. Check where you wear your holster, yes, yes, I know at the Super Advanced Mall Ninja Class, Level VIII, that the instructor told you that "appendix carry" is the new hotness and looks cool with your Van Dyke and dirty baseball cap. However, on the other hand, remember Steve Malloy and remember where your muzzle is when you sit down.

Now, enough from INGO's head safety nanny and let's all look at the muzzle blast wound from the pistol discharging in the holster upon twisting:

SAFETY WARNING! Worn Leather Holsters Can Cause Accidental Discharges!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If that's not an "OH *" Moment, I don't know what is.
    Glad the gentleman is OK and got by with just a graze.

Thanks for the heads up, Kirk! :yesway:

Last edited by a moderator:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just another story about those Glocks damaging perfectly good holsters and causing AD's. Guy's lucky it didn't blow up and take off his whole leg.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks for the heads up, Kirk!

Just playing my role of safety nanny.

You stay safe down there in Morgan County.

I assume that model Glock only has a trigger safety? I didn't see a grip or manual safety in the pictures.

I thought the manual safety Glocks were only marketed in Europe? Maybe some are here in the States, I don't know.:dunno: Looks like a normal Glock without a manual safety to me (I'm not an expert though).

Could be one of those add on jobbies that they market here in the States.

Also why I like Kydex

Kydex has its own issues, but good thinking checking your gear. Let's keep INGO with only Nature-issued holes.:D

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Ow that'll leave a mark! Thanks for the reminder to keep checking our gear Kirk! And remember to keep your booger hook AND holster off of the bang switch!

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    That's why I stopped using a shoulder holster. I wonder how many people I pointed my Glock at carrying it around that way. I like my handguns pointing into the ground when I carry them.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    If it had been a 1911, in .45 it would have killed him, cuz EVERYBODY knows the .45 is more lethal the the 9mm........

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I got to say it after seeing the picture of the holster. Really? The guy never saw how worn and unsafe that holster had become? I don't know about the rest of you I carry everyday, I look at my gear everyday. If you are that ignorant of your equipment then you should rethink carry at all. If one of my holsters was in that bad of condition I would never trust it and get rid if it.

Safety for Glocks. The only safety device Im aware of that I might ever consider is the Saf-T-Blok.

Order Clipdraw - Saf-T-Blok for Glocks

This seems to be the most useful without being to intrusive to operating the gun. I have never tried one but IF I felt the need for some kind of safety on the Glock this is what I would consider.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I got to say it after seeing the picture of the holster. Really? The guy never saw how worn and unsafe that holster had become? I don't know about the rest of you I carry everyday, I look at my gear everyday. If you are that ignorant of your equipment then you should rethink carry at all. If one of my holsters was in that bad of condition I would never trust it and get rid if it.

Safety for Glocks. The only safety device Im aware of that I might ever consider is the Saf-T-Blok.

Order Clipdraw - Saf-T-Blok for Glocks

This seems to be the most useful without being to intrusive to operating the gun. I have never tried one but IF I felt the need for some kind of safety on the Glock this is what I would consider.

I agree safety is important, and thanks for the link, but I will pass on that Saf-T-Blok

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI

This!

That holster he was using was trashed a long time ago. Don't be a cheap skate when it come to your equipment!

Buckaroo

Top Bottom