• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Indianapolis (Westside)
    My brother has just recieved his LTCH and has been carrying openly pretty often. He didn't have any problems until he decided to visit Circle Centre Mall in downtown Indianapolis with his wife. He entered the mall and was immediately appropached by mall security and asked to leave, because they do not permit people to carry open or concealed in this mall. The security officer said that this is because they have plain clothed federal & state law enforcement on the premisis. My brother spoke with the security officer for a few minutes and then left. Upon leaving the mall and walking 50 yards or so, my brother was approached by two IMPD officers and grabbed from behind by both arms. The officers said "You need to come with us!" and forced him down the sidewalk and let go of him and asked "Do you have a license for that?" and pointed at his handgun. My brother said "Yes." and began to slowly reach for his wallet. At this point one officer grabbed my brother's arm and said "No!" The other officer then removed my brother's wallet and asked "Is it in here?" while holding the wallet in my brother's face. My brother replied "Yes, give it to me and I will show you where it is." The officer then handed his wallet back to him and my brother retrieved his LTCH and handed it to the officer. The officer then began to run his information while the other officer said "You need to cover that thing up! Now! Right now! In front of me, before you walk away!" His LTCH was returned and one officer said "You are good to go."

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I hope like hell he got names and badge numbers then went straight to the police dept. I would consult a lawyer as well. I would also ask the lawyer about pressing charges against them. There was absolutely no cause for them to walk up and grab him. If this went down this way he should really explore some different options on how to do deal with this.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    If this really happened I would be filing charges and a complaint. did he ask to speak to a supervisor?

IF this really happened its nothing more than the kind of police we need to protect ourselves from

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    That's assault brother!

I actually believe that's Battery ;) Assault is the threat of bodily harm, battery is the actual act. This is consider offensively touching someone against their will with no legal reason to do so. I'd get badge numbers, supervisors, etc etc. Raise a stink.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If this really happened I would be filing charges and a complaint. did he ask to speak to a supervisor?

IF this really happened its nothing more than the kind of police we need to protect ourselves from

IF it really happened was the OP there to witness it?

If it did happen as your brother stated, he needs to file a complaint. The only way OCers are going to stop being hassled is if you make life difficult for the officers that act like that, but you can't make life difficult for them if all you do is talk about it on the internet.

BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Its a-holes like this that give every other LEO a bad name. I have not ran into any that problems but I am sure someday it will happen and I pray I have the self control it takes to press charges against them later. I truly respect the badge but some should not be wearing it.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I actually believe that's Battery ;) Assault is the threat of bodily harm, battery is the actual act. This is consider offensively touching someone against their will with no legal reason to do so. I'd get badge numbers, supervisors, etc etc. Raise a stink.

There is no "assault" statute in Indiana, and threatening someone with bodily harm is intimidation. One cannot be "verbally assaulted."

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    :rolleyes: (Sigh...)

Do you happen to have a date and time that this occurred? I would like to check into this.
    C'mon man!!
    You don't need any superfluous details!
    This was reported on the Internet.

It must be true!!!

BTW
    If it is true, the Officers involved need to be butt kicked for their actions. :noway:

Last edited:

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Ya know, I have never open carried, (but always CC cause the wife isnt quite up to OC yet) but reading stuff like this makes me mad enough to start considering it, if but for the political statement moreso than the convenience. Yes I know all about the surprise issues involved in CC, but this seems pretty over the top, if it in fact happened as it did. Definitely worth going forward and filing a complaint if it went down as it did. Perhaps it is time for an OC rally at Circle Centre mall. Heck, with enough notice, I would consider coming down from Da Region just for that.... Can you imagine the publicity, especially if the start making arrests?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont like OC (I just think that CC is the best option FOR ME) but I do support 100% the people who OC and I will do my best to protect their/our rights to OC.
    I agree with the previous post, a OC walk downtown Indy and to the mall would be the thing to do.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    Ya know, I have never open carried, (but always CC cause the wife isnt quite up to OC yet) but reading stuff like this makes me mad enough to start considering it, if but for the political statement moreso than the convenience. Yes I know all about the surprise issues involved in CC, but this seems pretty over the top, if it in fact happened as it did. Definitely worth going forward and filing a complaint if it went down as it did. Perhaps it is time for an OC rally at Circle Centre mall. Heck, with enough notice, I would consider coming down from Da Region just for that.... Can you imagine the publicity, especially if the start making arrests?
    all simon malls are like this. i was asked to leave the muncie mall because some one saw my firearm when i took my sweatshirt off. It is posted that they do not allow any firearms what so ever (even though D-I-C-K-S sells them). So an O.C. rally at a simons mall would do you no good other than get a group of people kicked out really fast.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    The op may not have been there but the wife was there and witnessed it I am sure. These cops should be arrested and fired. No room in a position of power for people who feel they need to manhandle law abiding citizens. Hopefully these cops grab the wrong guy one time and he teaches them a lesson in manners.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I would be willing to bet that there is survilance tape of it. From one of the local stores downtown. Might want to check on it.

"Yes sir we do archive all of our store surveillance video both from the cameras located in the store as well as the cameras that cover the approaches to our entrance. Unfortunately we have been experiencing problems lately with the specific cameras in question so I'm sorry but no we have no footage of the incident you described!":xmad:

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    When you buy guns at dicks in the mall they make you exit to the parking lot not into the mall

Top Bottom