Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by j706 View Post
    So what was the point in being a d---? Were you hiding something illegal or is just your thing to hassle guys attempting to do a job? I am a little confused I guess. I am embarrassed for you,your wife and kids. Sheezzz.
    I wasn't a d--- at all actually. I didn't hassle anybody and nobody hassled me. That was the whole point of the post. They got what they needed and I got what I needed and everyone went on their way without giving up their rights. I'm really confused by your response. Perhaps I am missing the sarcasm?
    If you are not content with your life as it is, you never will be.

ATM

User Info Menu

Just tell us you were open carrying.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

Shooter

User Info Menu

So what was the point in being a d---? Were you hiding something illegal or is just your thing to hassle guys attempting to do a job? I am a little confused I guess. I am embarrassed for you,your wife and kids. Sheezzz.

your comments are no surprise to me. i wouldnt expect to see you happy that someone was aware of their LEGAL rights and exercised them! PLEASE, get out of law enforcement!

OP, good for you! by the way ..... the officer lied to you. your ARE NOT required legally to answer ANY of his questions. you were still in the united states, therefore all the standard rights still apply to you. nice job though for standing for what you believe and for what people have fought and died to give you! I wish more Americans had nuts like yours!

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zebov View Post
    I wasn't a d--- at all actually. I didn't hassle anybody and nobody hassled me. That was the whole point of the post. They got what they needed and I got what I needed and everyone went on their way without giving up their rights. I'm really confused by your response. Perhaps I am missing the sarcasm?

nope your not missing anything. he thinks he resides on a higher pedestal than you or I are ever allowed to step on. he meant it exactly like he said it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sj kahr k40 View Post
    Going by past post I think he was serious
    He was serious.

BTW, I have to give a +1 to the border patrol in question. They had every right to ask questions, but when the OP declined to answer they weren't "Richards" that abused their power.
    You are now breathing manually.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    He was serious.

BTW, I have to give a +1 to the border patrol in question. They had every right to ask questions, but when the OP declined to answer they weren't "Richards" that abused their power

very true!

edit: except for the one that lied.
    Last edited by E5RANGER375; 04-25-2011 at 00:16.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by zebov View Post

It seems to me that hiding behind the "I won't answer questions without my lawyer stuff" is good advice for criminals. I think it is poor advice for non criminals. I also think it is a bad influence on one's children.

I have nothing to hide from anyone. Therefore I will answer any questions I am asked. Even though it might be my right to not answer,why wouldn't I? I don't get the paranoid mentality. Just because you are asked a question does not mean you are a target. If you are you will be mirandized. That would be a good time to not answer questions. But whatever.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Could you please explain where the OP was being a richard?

Quote Originally Posted by rmabrey View Post
    I feel bad for most of the cops in INGO, they get a bad rap and are bashed way to often.....however statements like this dont help at all to stop that.
    +1. It adds to the perception that if you exercise and know your rights, you will be looked down upon by SOME LEOs. Not good at all.

It seems to me that hiding behind the "I won't answer questions without my lawyer stuff" is good advice for criminals. I think it is poor advice for non criminals. I also think it is a bad influence on one's children.

I have nothing to hide from anyone. Therefore I will answer any questions I am asked. Even though it might be my right to not answer,why wouldn't I? I don't get the paranoid mentality. Just because you are asked a question does not mean you are a target. If you are you will be mirandized. That would be a good time to not answer questions. But whatever.
    You may agree with "fishing expeditions". I do not. I don't agree with the "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" attitude that many in your profession would like us to believe is accurate.

It's not being paranoid. It's being fully aware of your rights and choosing to exercise them.

As far as telling the OP that "it's a bad influence" on his children...how condescending can you be? That was uncalled for.

User Info Menu

I wonder what's the point of those checkpoints if you dont have to answer any question.
    That sounds really stupid.
    They just asked you if you were a US citizen and you said yes without showing any kind of ID?
    I guess anybody, US citizen or not can do that then and be on his way in two minutes.
    You dont even have to talk and show a card who says that your lawyer told you not to speak to the police and stay silent.

User Info Menu

These checkpoints are a direct result of Arizona Senate Bill 1070. I'm guessing you 'got a pass' with your attitude... because you don't look Hispanic.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast