• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My Daughter in law was stopped for speeding, she has a Lifetime handgun permit an a glock....Warsaw officer asks if she has this an a gun///we figure since its lifetime it showed up....she said yes....officer askd her to step out of the car, place her hands on the car an took her handgun, unloaded it....gave her the ticket an gave back her gun.....I do not know for sure if she gave permission for the gun to be takin or not....Why do some officer feel the need to disarm some people while other officers feel no need for this...?....I have yet to be stopped yet...I won't mind leaving my gun in the car if aske to get out...but I do not like the idea of having to surrender my gun..I figure when it happens to me an I say i do not want to surrender my gun or have you take it, I will be surrounded my cops an beaten almost to death....but thats me....so any thoughts for when she gets stopped again...any way to prevent an officer from taking your gun...I know they have to feel safe an secure, an don't blame them a bit....but it just doesn't seem right, espically when some officer do...an some don't....whats the scoop guys?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Your thinking too small........ props to Benny for this one........ :):

real-genius-popcorn-o.gif

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I certainly hope this does not keep your daughter in law from continuing to carry a gun. If this happened to my wife she would be embarrassed and feel as though she did something wrong. I really wish people would think about things like this.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I've come to the conclusion that you should absolutely NOT inform, even if asked. I've read way too many stories about the things the police do to law abiding citizens once their perceived power structure is imbalanced by your firearm. You do not have to answer any questions from a police officer, especially ones outside the topic of your traffic infraction, if that is the reason for your visit. The only reason that I would inform is if I was about to get a pat-down.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    was it takin' a dump?

i got pulled over by sbpd a couple weeks ago. he asked if i had a gun, and i told him. he asked where it was, and i told him. he asked me to keep my hands on the steering wheel while he ran my stuff. worked well for both of us.

long story short, south bend>warsaw.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I've come to the conclusion that you should absolutely NOT inform, even if asked. I've read way too many stories about the things the police do to law abiding citizens once their perceived power structure is imbalanced by your firearm. You do not have to answer any questions from a police officer, especially ones outside the topic of your traffic infraction, if that is the reason for your visit. The only reason that I would inform is if I was about to get a pat-down.

Thanks, this is what I was thinking too....not to inform, but exactly what to do or say when asked if you are carring, without lying....guess the correct answer would be excercising ones Constitutional rights an not answer....one person answers yes, an no big deal....another gets their gun takin....

Sorry for the poor grammer from my original post to those concerned, it was along day.....try some visine.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    x2 I would never answer a question with another question, if the officer is anything like me, that will just annoy him.

So should one just remain silent for some specific period of time before asking the question?

That just seems inefficient. ;)

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I too get annoyed by questions as answered. I'm thinking what the heck's so hard about answering a simple question. More to the point, Warsaw doesn't see much action, so this was an opportunity for the officer to exert his authority. IMO, if it went down as OP describes, the officer's action was inappropriate.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    x2 I would never answer a question with another question, if the officer is anything like me, that will just annoy him.

And if I annoy you...
    I won't like the outcome? :runaway:
    Press hard, there's three copies? :faint:

Am I being detained is a perfectly reasonable response. If you don't like it, write the ticket and let me be on my way. People died to preserve our rights. I'll gladly pay money to continue to protect them whether it annoys you or not.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Do you know which officer it was? Most that I know over in Warsaw are pretty cool, there are a few city that are well...d-bags.

True about Warsaw not seeing much action. Bar fighting season isn't in full effect just yet. They'll have plenty to do in a month or two when they're running pretty much non-stop DUI checkpoints in random spots through town and the sheriff department running them on the country roads. Most of their action I'd say is based around drunks or trying to stop homosexual activity in the park bathrooms (sadly that is true, one park had 20+ arrests in a month a couple summers back).

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I, personally, LOVE DUI checkpoints. I simply turn off right before it and get back on the road right after it.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I, personally, LOVE DUI checkpoints. I simply turn off right before it and get back on the road right after it.

Seldom do I work any DUI task force hours but I love sitting up on turn offs near them. Easy pickings.

Safe bet not to drink and drive. Not even a single beer.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So you're going to pull me over for not following the other cattle? What are you going to cite/arrest me for when you realize I haven't had a drop of alcohol in two years?

Top Bottom