• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    "The Department has determined that your identified risk does not meet the good cause threshold as required under the new CCW policy based upon the information you provided. As a result of this determination, the Department's present intention is to revoke your CCW license."

Xavier Thoughts: CCW Revocation

In California, Orange County Sheriff Sandra Hutchens unveiled a new policy that could cause “dozens, if not hundreds,” of concealed carry permit holders to lose permits issued by the previous sheriff. Did these law-abiding Orange County citizens do anything illegal, immoral, or unethical to cost them their permits?
    Pajamas Media » Concealed Carry Permits Go ‘Poof!’ in California

“…The public revocation makes former CCW holders
    perfect targets for criminals…”

California has civilian CCWs? They are few and far in-between. Now there will be even less. Previous Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona had issued over 1,100 permits to civilians. He stepped down earlier this year after facing federal corruption charges.
    Appointed new Sheriff is Sandra Hutchens, a 27-year veteran of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department. Part of her statement during the swearing-in ceremony was: “It is only by leading the department, doing an analysis of all the things we do right, that we can have the solid foundation to identify what we do wrong and fix it.”
    USCCA Free Newsletter

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Lets see how much of a fight gun owners in Orange County put up. My guess it won't be much. There are many gunners and few CC holders. If it doesn't affect then directly I doubt they will raise their voices which is a shame.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Lets see how much of a fight gun owners in Orange County put up. My guess it won't be much. There are many gunners and few CC holders. If it doesn't affect then directly I doubt they will raise their voices which is a shame.

There is actually a forum, Calccw (I think) that works hard on this issue. They even have a special Orange County section. Being from CA, I can tell you how anti-gun that place is. There are very few CCWs issued in the state, and it is up to each Sheriff in each county.

The previous Sheriff in Orange County was pro CCW, but he is going to be on trial soon for some shenanigans he did while in office. The new lady is from LAPD which is bad for all the folks in Orange County. Los Angeles does not issue permits, period (unless you are a movie star). She has taken this attitude over to Orange County.

Orange County is where I grew up. Perhaps one of the most conservative places in CA.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Does not matter if they (all gun owners) in CA raise hell. Sadly the Republica of Kalifornia is a lost cause in terms of the 2AM. You do know that they recenlty passed the microstamping bill so effective 01 jan 2010 (i think that is the date) if your new gun does not microstamp it's can't be sold.

Only a good cleaning by higher powers may on day help Kalifornia see the errors on their ways.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Does not matter if they (all gun owners) in CA raise hell. Sadly the Republica of Kalifornia is a lost cause in terms of the 2AM. You do know that they recenlty passed the microstamping bill so effective 01 jan 2010 (i think that is the date) if your new gun does not microstamp it's can't be sold.

Only a good cleaning by higher powers may on day help Kalifornia see the errors on their ways.

It is a tough situation, for sure. Another generation of folks is being raised in CA to think they have no 2A rights.

Top Bottom