Greenwood Kroger cop plays intimidation card, draws no response.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    UPDATED - Confronted Officer 6/2... Greenwood Kroger intimidates, draws no response.

Update - I confronted the Officer and spoke with him... https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...on_card_draws_no_response-20.html#post1926041

So I just got home from Kroger in Greenwood (Emerson and Co. Line). I walked in, wearing sunglasses, and there was an IMPD officer at the sliding door. I nodded, he looked down and saw my USP OC'd. He never smiled, but I noticed his head follow me as I walked by. I went back to grab beer, bread, chips... y'know, the essentials.

I walked up to the front to a checkout lane. He's standing in front of the checkout lanes now, looking OVER them at me. I pick a lane (lane 8), and he walks over to the front of it looking at me as the person in front of me is being checked out. I don't look at him, I just smile at the cashier and make smalltalk. He stands there with his arms crossed and doesn't break his stare. I'm starting to think up things to say, because I just KNOW he's going to stop me as I walk out of the store. He's between me and the door, so why wouldn't he?

I finish checking out, and walk toward the door. He doesn't say anything... instead, HE FOLLOWS ME OUT OF THE STORE.

He's walking about 2 feet behind me, way too close, I look around about to say "Can I help you?", but I don't say anything. He's just still looking at me dead-on with an intimidating look, not saying a word.

I turn around, smile, and walk out to my car. I load the stuff up, start the car, and look around. He's gone?

I pull out of the lot... he's in HIS IMPD car now, driving out as I drive out. I'm thinking "Well ****, he's going to pull me over and find a reason..."

Nope. He stops short of leaving the lot, and I drive home.

I've NEVER had that happen before. I respect all LEO's... but this guy was really reaching. He tried, and at one point succeeded in making me feel uncomfortable. I didn't look at him wrong, I didn't check him for his name/badge, I just went about my way... safely and professionally.

:cool:

Last edited:

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Hmm, you seem upset that he was exercising his rights. He didn't bother you or say anything. He was just exercising his rights. Seems kind of ironic to me that you are upset by his exercise of his rights.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Hmm, you seem upset that he was exercising his rights. He didn't bother you or say anything. He was just exercising his rights. Seems kind of ironic to me that you are upset by his exercise of his rights.

COPS AS AGENTS OF THE GOVERNMENT DON'T HAVE ANY RIGHTS. THEY ONLY HAVE AUTHORITY.

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    You respect all LEO's? I just respect the ones that show me respect and don't act like doucebags.

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Lets say a guy (non LEO) did this to a woman. Same scenario, same place. Would this not be considered harassment?

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Intimitation tactic. When I was new LEO I had a supervisor that showed me how to intimitate someone by following them. We followed someone until he left the area. He thought it was great. I thought it was a pile of doggy doo. I hated the games that some of my co-workers played. Don't get me wrong. I am not cop-bashing. I am Sgt Mark Doerr bashing (the supervisor) and making a point about intimidation tactics as a strategy of gaining undue control. Sorry you got initiated.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    RESPECT MY EXERCISE OF MY RIGHTS (even though I don't respect yours). LOL, you guys crack me up sometimes. Is Cartman a member here? Respect my autoritie!

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Just stop real quick and bend down to tie your shoes. He'd get the point when he trips over you and looks like a bigger ass than he already did.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Lets say a guy (non LEO) did this to a woman. Same scenario, same place. Would this not be considered harassment?

Uh, no, please show me that code cite. Harassment to be in a public place or following someone? Not in this country yet. Maybe if some of the people on this forum have their way, it would be illegal to be in public at the same time as someone else. But as of this moment, no.

bassplayrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hmm, you seem upset that he was exercising his rights. He didn't bother you or say anything. He was just exercising his rights. Seems kind of ironic to me that you are upset by his exercise of his rights.[/QUOTE
    You don't have the right to stalk people. There are laws prohibiting harassment. Was it you following this guy or something?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Intimitation tactic. When I was new LEO I had a supervisor that showed me how to intimitate someone by following them. We followed someone until he left the area. He thought it was great. I thought it was a pile of doggy doo. I hated the games that some of my co-workers played. Don't get me wrong. I am not cop-bashing. I am Sgt Mark Doerr bashing (the supervisor) and making a point about intimidation tactics as a strategy of gaining undue control. Sorry you got initiated.

If I had stopped and asked him something like "Can I help you?", what would have been his next logical step, as far as intimidation tactics go?

I mean, hell, I can find plenty of reasons to drive back down there and buy something.

Top Bottom