• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    So an hour ago I am driving to the store with my wife and son Colt and I get pulled over. I have absolutely NO idea why. The cop , D. Smith, informs me that my license is suspended, also a shock. He asks for my license which I provide and he also asks my wife is she has her ID on her. I quickly interrupted and told her she did not have to show him squat. Then he squeeks out "please keep your hand away from your hip", as I was openly carrying my stainless Kimber Ultra Carry. I said fine no problem and I thought that it would end there. He requested insurance and registration which I gave him. Then he told me to step out of the vehicle! Oh this isn't going very well I thought.

He told me to face the back of my Explorer and he grabs my pistol! He proceeds to wave it around trying to unload a cocked 1911 which he is obviously incapable of adequetly doing. I told him it was probably safer if it was left in the holster rather than being waved around. I also asked him to pick up the round he ejected onto the pavement. Then he asked if I had any other weapons, I told him my knife, which he took and then frisked me! Good grief!!!!! There were a total of 3 cops in 2 cars to pull me over and go through all of this.

At the end of the stop, he was going to put my gun in the back seat WITH MY BABY. I told him not to and so he gave me the gun and put the ammo in the back BUT DID NOT RETURN MY KNIFE. He also cited me with invalid registration because it wasn't signed in ink and that I took a wide turn onto Vann and crossed the middle which is absolute bunk. I am soooooo friggin sick of these jerks pullin over everybody they can find just because its a holiday, there were 2 other cars pulled over within 1 block of me!

I just looked up why I had a suspended Lic and it was a clerical error by- you guessed it, the EPD! I was in a wreck a few months back and apparently it was written down that I didn't have insurance! TOTAL HOGWASH!!!!!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I am soooooo friggin sick of these jerks pullin over everybody they can find ju

Same here in McCordsville. At noon 2 McCordsville PD cars had 2 cars puled over within 100 yds. of each other on SR-67.
    Very possible for good reason, but makes me wonder??Bill.

Elvis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    sounds like that could have gone much worse for you. im sure it was an unpleasent experience but come on man..

im the first one to get upset when i hear about cops oversteping their bounds but this one sounds like they where just doing their job and going off the information they had. even though it was a "clerical error" in the cops eyes you were breaking the law by driving. :twocents:

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    If you are in a accident don't you personally have to send into the state to prove you have insurance. Just showing a responding officer that you have it doesn't work. That might be why your license was suspended?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    What ever happened to your knife ??? Are you going to make a complaint

Already left a message and will follow up tomorrow.

And Elvis, "just doing their job" would have been politely telling me that my lic came up suspended and given me a ticket for that that I could easily have dropped if it turned up that it was a mistake. There was no reason to treat me like a criminal for excersizing my rights ON INDEPENDANCE DAY NO LESS...

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    If you are in a accident don't you personally have to send into the state to prove you have insurance. Just showing a responding officer that you have it doesn't work. That might be why your license was suspended?

Dunno. Never been in a wreck until then and I did all the paperwork and process that they told me too. It wasn't even my fault.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'd file a complaint against the officer that stole your knife, as well as against the officer who's clerical error resulted in your licence being "suspended."

If you have a friend who's a lawyer, see if you can write the complaint on his letterhead :):

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Already left a message and will follow up tomorrow.

And Elvis, "just doing their job" would have been politely telling me that my lic came up suspended and given me a ticket for that that I could easily have dropped if it turned up that it was a mistake. There was no reason to treat me like a criminal for excersizing my rights ON INDEPENDANCE DAY NO LESS...
    Bet that LEO added your knife to his collection:(

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    sounds like that could have gone much worse for you. im sure it was an unpleasent experience but come on man..

im the first one to get upset when i hear about cops oversteping their bounds but this one sounds like they where just doing their job and going off the information they had. even though it was a "clerical error" in the cops eyes you were breaking the law by driving. :twocents:
    according to the op it was a clerical error made by epd. what happens with the next clerical error they make? a no knock swat raid complete with dead dogs?

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Dunno. Never been in a wreck until then and I did all the paperwork and process that they told me too. It wasn't even my fault.

My gf got in a wreck and from what I remember she was told to do that. You just have to have your insurance company send it in for you. If it's not received they mark you down as not having any and your license gets suspended.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So an hour ago I am driving to the store with my wife and son Colt and I get pulled over. I have absolutely NO idea why. The cop , D. Smith, informs me that my license is suspended, also a shock. He asks for my license which I provide and he also asks my wife is she has her ID on her. I quickly interrupted and told her she did not have to show him squat. Then he squeeks out "please keep your hand away from your hip", as I was openly carrying my stainless Kimber Ultra Carry. I said fine no problem and I thought that it would end there. He requested insurance and registration which I gave him. Then he told me to step out of the vehicle! Oh this isn't going very well I thought.

He told me to face the back of my Explorer and he grabs my pistol! He proceeds to wave it around trying to unload a cocked 1911 which he is obviously incapable of adequetly doing. I told him it was probably safer if it was left in the holster rather than being waved around. I also asked him to pick up the round he ejected onto the pavement. Then he asked if I had any other weapons, I told him my knife, which he took and then frisked me! Good grief!!!!! There were a total of 3 cops in 2 cars to pull me over and go through all of this.

At the end of the stop, he was going to put my gun in the back seat WITH MY BABY. I told him not to and so he gave me the gun and put the ammo in the back BUT DID NOT RETURN MY KNIFE. He also cited me with invalid registration because it wasn't signed in ink and that I took a wide turn onto Vann and crossed the middle which is absolute bunk. I am soooooo friggin sick of these jerks pullin over everybody they can find just because its a holiday, there were 2 other cars pulled over within 1 block of me!

I just looked up why I had a suspended Lic and it was a clerical error by- you guessed it, the EPD! I was in a wreck a few months back and apparently it was written down that I didn't have insurance! TOTAL HOGWASH!!!!!!:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:
    Happy Independence Day!!! I'm guessing this will continue to get worse as time goes on. Americans have handed their rights to anyone and everyone in a position of authority, we deserve what we get. Perhaps someday, Americans will become Americans again and take back what has been lost. Until then, get used to the roadblocks and drunk checks and whatever else your local PD can dream up to keep you safe.

I'm glad it didn't go any worse for you, and hopefully that punk ass cop gets charged for the theft of your property.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    My gf got in a wreck and from what I remember she was told to do that. You just have to have your insurance company send it in for you. If it's not received they mark you down as not having any and your license gets suspended.

Ok yes I do remember that and yes I contacted both the BMV and my insurance on the matter so it should have been resolved.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or someone got the message I left and reminded him. Either way I am sure it was an honest mistake but I am surprised that I got it back at all.
    True and that's even more surprising especially with him making the effort to bring it to you personally instead of making you come down and get it.

Top Bottom