• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Same thing's happened before in other locales, all too often. Even had similar comments here on INGO from at least one offender. This is one of the worst I've heard, tho. Hope the guy sues the **** out them and they have to spend the rest of their lives breaking rocks. Not likely to happen, tho. They'll probably get a short vacation and hearty welcome back from their buds.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm going to forward that link to the two Ohio cops that I know...1 local; 1 fed. Neither of whom are/were in any position, geographically speaking, to be on the department in question.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And people ask me "what's wrong with having a duty to notify the police if you are carrying?"

Well, it's a police tactic called "ambush" or "whipsaw". Applies to the street as well as the Reid Technique.

That video will be a nuclear weapon in repealing the duty to notify in Ohio.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Whoa! People like that don't have any business being on the force. Crap like this perpetuates/gives cops a bad rep.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    The lawyer is legit. I testified on behalf of a client of his in Northern Ohio who had also been arrested on a bull**** "failure to notify" charge.

The young man was acquitted.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The lawyer is legit. I testified on behalf of a client of his in Northern Ohio who had also been arrested on a bull**** "failure to notify" charge.

The young man was acquitted.

Saw your post on their website. Kudos. Also let 'em know that their word has spread to INGO!

-J-

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Having not seen the video or heard both sides of the story, this should be worth a few days off, at minimum.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Damn....
    If this is true as reported, those officers need to be in prison.

I couldn't agree more.

I can't believe the culture that has to be in place for these cops to even IMAGINE that it would be perfectly acceptable to treat someone like that ON CAMERA & that there would be NO REPERCUSSIONS. Completely unbelievable.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Damn....
    If this is true as reported, those officers need to be in prison.

I don't agree with the behavior of the officers...but just curious (not being a smart arse) why they should go to prison? I can see Mr. Jarrel's point regarding a possible law suit (not sure how the damages would be quantified). Just wondering what laws were broken that would warrant prison time.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I don't agree with the behavior of the officers...but just curious (not being a smart arse) why they should go to prison? I can see Mr. Jarrel's point regarding a possible law suit (not sure how the damages would be quantified). Just wondering what laws were broken that would warrant prison time.
    You could easily make the case that the officers committed a felony. Terroristic threatening is a felony in Ohio.
    Lawriter - ORC - 2909.23 Making terroristic threat.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend

Assault? maybe it's a stretch... thrown up against the car only after hearing about the gun...I think it classifies as a "hate" crime! The Officers obviously hate legal, gun carrying citizens.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009

Firstly, they falsely arrested the guy on the grounds of failure to notify even though the cops weren't allowing him to notify.

The big one would be Excessive Use of Force, which includes psychological intimidation, according to that discussion.

Possibly some sort of intimidation charge for threatening to shoot/kill the guy?

ETA: Some schitzo in Ohio was arrested for calling a radio station and threatening a sheriff. How is this any different?

Ohio Man Arrested after Threatening Athens County Sheriff's Life

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Now say cop #1 and cop#2 were in plain clothes with a firearm visible and gave that threat to you... what would you do?

Top Bottom